HR Benefits Administrator
Are you passionate about providing exceptional service and interested in enhancing a total rewards platform to attract and engage employees, all while growing your career within an innovative company? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as an HR Benefits Administrator in the Human Resources department of our Waukee, IA office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
To administer and manage the total rewards and benefits programs in alignment with the organization’s overall business operations to attract, retain and motivate employees.
- Administer employee benefit programs, such as medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k), and profit sharing to ensure programs are current, competitive and compliant.
- Assist in implementation and administration of various benefits policies based on the needs of the company.
- Assist employees in benefit elections, changes and questions.
- Coordinate open enrollment process.
- Conduct open enrollment and new hire onboarding meetings.
- Oversee Leave of Absence and Workers’ Compensation programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop, implement and administer corporate wellness programs and activities.
- Work in collaboration with business partners to design and implement total rewards communications.
- Collaborate with Corporate Accounting on payroll-related tasks.
- Remain informed of all relevant government rules and regulations and fulfill all reporting requirements, including ACA, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) etc.
- Maintain and improve the human resource information system (HRIS) as it relates to benefit administration.
- Collaborate with HR partners to deliver business required programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Human Resource Management, benefits and compensation programs, practices, strategies and legal requirements.
- Strong consultative and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time-management skills, and able to balance multiple challenging issues and tasks.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources Management, or related experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years in a Human Resources or benefits-related role.
- Prior work experience in the insurance industry is a plus.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a HR Benefits Administrator for Holmes Murphy, apply today!