Growth & Development Consultant, PC
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Growth & Development Consultant to join our Property Casualty team in various locations. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will align their performance with company goals by developing, delivering, and evaluating learning and development needed in all areas of the company. Creates partnerships and consults with internal customers to analyze performance gaps, recommend effective solutions, and support implementation as needed.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Partner closely with PC business leaders to analyze organizational gaps, propose and develop solutions, and communicate and implement organization development and learning opportunities needed to support line of business strategies and operational plans.
- Consult with management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies. Partner with others in the organization and act as the project lead on functional projects. Influence partners to achieve buy-in on proposed solutions.
- Design training curricula and/or non-training solutions for identified performance gaps. Assist in the creation of teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops. Contribute to positive outcomes for the client and demonstrate how solutions meet business needs.
- Serve as a coach to PC managers to assist them in addressing performance issues. Develop and maintain win-win relationships throughout the organization. Use performance models and data collection methods to perform needs and cause analyses to determine performance gaps within the organization
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas as defined by business needs. Able to coach a department subject matter expert on the skills needed to deliver implementation of performance solutions.
- Select or develop testing and evaluation procedures to measure results. Coordinate measurement of progress and evaluate effectiveness of performance solutions. Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods. Assess changes in learning and behavior at regular intervals following training, as needed.
- Work with external vendors to develop, deliver and evaluate performance supporting solutions, making sure our needs are documented and met by the vendor.
- Perform special projects as identified by the needs of the business and your respective leader.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to fully understand HMA business and workflow, and how technology training will impact the user.
- Ability to lead major project initiatives.
- Proven ability to disseminate information. Needs knowledge of a variety of different types of learners, in a variety of settings.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Ability to project a professional tone of voice and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to occasionally travel to other office locations.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis for a minimum of 7.75 hours per day and for additional hours as necessary to perform duties.
- Ability to lift minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to pursue industry related education.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Education: College degree is preferred with emphasis in one of the following: Communications, Business Administration, Education or Information Services. Professional designation preferred – (ie.: Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD), Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM), Train the Trainer Program Certificate, etc.)
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of industry knowledge and a minimum of 2 years of learning and development related experience preferred. Working knowledge of various computer software programs required.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.