Growth & Development Consultant, CRS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Growth & Development Consultant to join our Creative Risk Solutions team in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will manage the daily learning and development requests for Creative Risk Solutions. This includes communicating with managers, supervisors, and leaders to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals. This role will work closely to create and deliver consistent onboarding and training programs for internal staff as well as clients and all other external partners.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Partner closely with CRS business leaders to analyze organizational gaps, propose and develop solutions, and communicate and implement organization development and learning opportunities needed to support line of business strategies and operational plans.
- Work closely with Human Resources to act as a talent advocate to help promote and educate targeted audiences for the benefit of Creative Risk Solutions.
- Create and maintain training and consistent onboarding curriculum for all new employees, interns, clients and any other program that CRS finds value in.
- Partners with the Sr. G&D Consultant and CRS leadership to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies. Partner with others in the organization and act as the project lead on functional projects. Influence partners to achieve buy-in on proposed solutions.
- Design and facilitate training curricula and/or non-training solutions for identified performance gaps. Assist in the creation of teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops. Contribute to positive outcomes for the client and demonstrate how solutions meet business need.
- Select or develop testing and evaluation procedures to measure results. Coordinate measurement of progress and evaluate effectiveness of performance solutions. Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods. Assess changes in learning and behavior at regular intervals following training, as needed.
- Contribute to positive outcomes for the client and demonstrate how solutions meet business needs.
- Work with external vendors to develop, deliver and evaluate performance supporting solutions. Perform special projects as identified by the needs of the business and your respective leader.
- Work with Corporate IT to resolve issues, enhance system capabilities, implement new systems and/or features, monitor problem resolutions, etc.
- Coordinate with Marketing Department for all local advertising needs, branding, rebranding, internet, and intranet capabilities.
- Plan and coordinate client/office events, including office staff recognition.
- Provide oversight for all systems technology training to ensure successful implementation of processes and procedures.
- Assist leadership with profit planning, staff management and other projects as requested and assist in monitoring progress to be communicated with the team.
- Maintain communication standards, best practice documents and all training materials. Make sure materials are kept up to date and contain helpful information and workflow processes that properly support CRS.
- Ensure that all expenses incurred for CRS are legitimate and necessary. Work with leadership to develop mitigation strategies as necessary.
- Ensure that all clients, partners, vendors who are calling CRS are greeted pleasantly and routed efficiently to provide the best customer service possible.
- Assist in developing client focused enhancements to the system access whenever necessary to support the efforts of the Client Services and Sales Team.
- Participate in any client meetings and sales related activities as requested.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- Ability in making independent, innovative, and effective decisions and implementing creative solutions as situations occur.
- Leadership abilities to include the ability to clearly articulate team objectives, as well as to motivate and influence team members generating enthusiasm, flexibility, and an openness to change.
- Knowledge of CRS/HMA goals and objective and the ability to convey that philosophy to team members.
- General knowledge of human resource policies and procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of all job duties.
- Ability to hire, manage, and train office staff personnel in an effective manner.
- Ability to professionally represent CRS and assist with building brand recognition by participating in a variety of client and community events.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality related to all duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to assist in the development of corporate budgets and monitor the compliance of budgetary guidelines.
- Ability to operate a personal computer utilizing various software packages to include strong windows application know ledge.
And let’s not forget the qualifications for the position:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred. An Associate’s Degree would be considered.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a claims management environment. Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/HR related position.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.