Growth and Development Consultant- Curriculum
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Growth and Development Consultant – Curriculum Design to join our Growth and Development team in Waukee, IA, Dallas, TX OR Minneapolis, MN. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This employee will align their performance with company goals by developing, delivering and evaluating learning and development needed in all areas of the company. Creates partnerships and consults with internal customers to analyze performance gaps, recommend effective solutions, and support implementation as needed.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Creates program curriculum, materials, and programs (including classroom training, online training and other technologies) to meet Holmes Murphy’s development goals.
- Consults with lines of business to develop business line and/or corporate wide learning solutions designed to support business needs.
- Facilitates trainings for internal employees
- Develop content using Camtasia/Articulate
- Create and manage project plans. Continue to develop skills in project management.
- Analyze business requests and needs.
- Design, develop, implement, facilitate and lead training sessions based on the needs determined by the Business Partner.
- Conduct, evaluate and report out on various survey results.
- Work with external vendors to develop, deliver and evaluate performance supporting solutions, making sure our needs are documented and met by the vendor.
- Proven ability to deliver information. Needs knowledge of a variety of different types of learners, in a variety of settings.
- Lead 3-4 major project initiatives annually.
- Effectively work with team members to deliver a quality training product.
- Delivers on RISE in the learning environment. – relevant, inspiring, simple and energizing.
- Perform special projects as identified by the needs of the business and your respective leader.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable in adult learning best practices
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient in excel, PPT and word.
- Beginner skills in Articulate.
- Basic understanding of the insurance industry.
- Proficient in Salesforce and other Holmes Murphy systems.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a professional appearance.
- Adaptability, in both collaboration with the business leaders and in the classroom with learners.
- Punctual, Prepared, Accurate and Courteous.
- Ability to travel to other offices, occasionally.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Ability to project a professional tone of voice and demeanor at all times.
- Education: College degree is required with preferred emphasis in one of the following: Communications, Business Administration, Education or Information Services.
- Experience: 3-5 years of learning and development related experience preferred.
- 2-4 years curriculum design experience required.
- Some insurance industry related knowledge preferred. Working knowledge of various computer software programs required.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.