Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Do you love designing visual concepts that communicate and grow brands? Do you enjoy working with team members to contribute visually to the success of marketing campaigns?
Offering a fast-paced work environment, vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential in our thriving company, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking for candidates to join our Marketing team as a Graphic Designer in Waukee, IA.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Manage design projects from concept to delivery for various print and digital materials.
- Advise and contribute to creative direction for brands and brand standards.
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software.
- Translate complicated processes or concepts into easy-to-understand visuals.
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images.
- Ensure projects are executed in a timely manner, on schedule, obtain the necessary approvals, and reflect company quality and brand standards.
- Maintain relationship and collaborates with print vendor.
- Work independently and as part of a creative team.
- Come to the table with ideas to support the team’s marketing plans.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Knowledge of design fundamentals, typography, print, and web.
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other graphic design software.
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Ability to clearly communicate the reasoning behind design choices.
- Strong people skills with an ability to give direction and work as part of a team.
- An outcome-oriented personality with a high level of commitment to seeing the job from start to finish.
- Ability to bring new ideas and fresh perspective to the table, while also being able to absorb and execute feedback to meet outcomes and objectives.
- Ability to be organized and efficient, paying close attention to details while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Ability to work independently and keep projects moving forward within guidelines.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years graphic design experience.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.