Financial Analyst, ICS
Are you looking for purposeful work, and a family-oriented company culture? Holmes Murphy’s motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with!” We’re passionate about challenging you to think differently; and truly care about YOU the employee!
We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our Innovative Captive Strategies team as Financial Analyst in our Waukee, IA office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
- Compile & compute data for a variety of reports which could include: Claims reconciliations, premium reconciliations, bordereaux reconciliations, reinsurance reporting, expense budgets and tax calculations.
- Liaison with auditors, tax advisors, insurance carriers, actuaries and other professional partners as necessary.
- Prepare financial information sent to captive managers.
- Review captive financial statements and supporting schedules at interim and year-end.
- Assemble the finance section of board books semi-annually.
- Prepare and distribute individual member financial reports and communicate directly with clients as necessary.
- Validate loss data for group captives on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor the cash balance of the captive and invest surplus cash.
- Evaluate captive performance and benchmark against other captives.
- Establish and document procedures for the finance area.
- Perform special projects as identified by the AVP Finance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to type and use a personal computer utilizing various software packages including, but not limited to, EXCEL, WORD, and other Accounting Systems.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of financial documents, plan and implement financial/accounting procedures and communicate procedures in a clear accurate manner.
- Accounting degree and CPA designation preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience, preferably with insurance experience.
- Offshore banking and/or investment experience is a plus.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Financial Analyst for ICS and Holmes Murphy, apply today!