Health and Benefits Analyst
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Health and Benefits Analyst to join our Employee Benefits team in Dallas, TX. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will assist the underwriting and analytics team with financial and accounting analysis services in accordance with the established objectives and procedures of Holmes Murphy & Associates.
- Financial reporting and consulting
- Produce client monthly financial reporting
- Present Financial, Utilization, and Clinical data to the client
- Health and Benefits Underwriting modeling
- Client specific Health and Benefits budget projections
- IBNR reporting
- COBRA rates
- Provides timely, accurate, and appropriate responses to co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Takes initiative with respect to problem-solving opportunities.
- Understands HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other employee benefit related compliance regulations, particularly as it pertains to client financial and budget needs
- Understands plan designs, funding arrangements, benefit/demographic adjustments, stop-loss insurance, in and out of network savings arrangements
- Recommends basic strategic and tactical initiatives based upon clinical and financial data.
- Performs additional duties upon request (e.g. Biometric, Incentive Files, File compiling).
- Employs Holmes Murphy & Associates policies and procedures to execute all job-related responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and work with financial, accounting, math and health care concepts
- Programming skills and strong use of Excel, PowerPoint.
- Advanced level of data understanding and use
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present information effectively in a client setting.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to listen, understand and address client needs and concerns in the processes.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Is multi-tasked oriented and prioritizes work, voluntarily extends hours, and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Education: College degree preferred. Active state-specific Life/Health Insurance agent license preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.