Holmes Murphy has always believed that investing in our employees, the spaces in which they work, and the environment that we provide are all critical to our culture, purpose, and the services we offer. After all, we know that employees who feel appreciated and recognized for their hard work and dedication results in employees who feel immensely invested in the success of our clients and our company. On top of this, our employees have a seat at the table and the opportunity to pave their own way. Cool, right?! If you nodded yes, check out our open Facilities Specialist position and apply!
We are looking to add a Facilities Specialist to join our Enterprise Facilities team in Waukee. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will be responsible for the care, maintenance and efficient operation of facilities, equipment, and furnishings for all Holmes Murphy locations, owned or leased, in accordance with the established objectives and procedures of Holmes Murphy.
- Oversee general office environments across all HMA locations.
- Available to travel to all HMA locations at least quarterly but on an as needed basis.
- Available to stay after normal working hours as needed for events and building projects. Could include weekends.
- Perform routine maintenance duties daily throughout 2727 Grand Prairie Parkway location.
- Keep facilities calendar updated with daily events and special requests.
- Quarterly check in with, or visit, all Holmes Murphy locations. Tasks may include, furniture adjustments, paint touch ups, coordinating employee moves or other tasks requested by local office leaders and office coordinators.
- Participate in and help oversee all office relocation and construction projects.
- Perform minor carpentry duties, hanging pictures in rooms/offices and paint walls when needed.
- Be proactive in maintaining highly professional appearance (inside and out) of all areas of the building and facility equipment without significant direction.
- Communicate issues with vendors and request bids as needed.
- Maintain inventories of maintenance materials, supplies, tools, Steelcase keys, offsite storage, repair parts at required level, and periodically review inventory for proper upkeep of facility.
- Perform special projects and miscellaneous errands as identified by the Facility Team Lead and the AVP, Administration.
- Establish procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment and furniture requiring minor repairs on a frequent basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of information attained through working relationships with all levels of employees.
- Maintain files for record retention at off-site storage.
- Point of contact for emergency situations; on call as needed.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have above average knowledge and abilities in the following areas:
- Minor carpentry
- General repair
- Maintenance and upkeep
- Project Management
- Ability to drive motor vehicle with trailer when required and maintain valid driver’s license and insurance coverage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis for a minimum of 7.75 hours per day and for overtime as necessary to perform duties.
- Knowledge of the methods, tools, materials and equipment used in facility maintenance.
- Ability and willingness to pursue relevant designations and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Experience: Three to five years previous maintenance/repair experience preferred.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.