Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add an Executive Assistant to support our Executive Leadership team in Waukee, Iowa. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
Here’s a bit of what you’d do:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Executive Leadership Teams ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects, designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations, collecting information for meetings as well as scheduling and maintaining calendars, coordinating travel arrangements, organizing and coordinating meetings, preparation of agendas and assisting with presentations.
- Answer questions from all levels of the organizations with precision, accuracy and with a sense of urgency.
- Advise and provide input and guidance to the strategic use of the executive’s time.
- Provide guidance to leaders on important initiatives and projects, coordinating resources as needed to ensure completion.
- Communicate and cooperate with all levels of employees and external contacts in a way that represents the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters quickly, proactively and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Work with other Leaders to ensure meetings are well-planned and effective. Organize the distribution of information to ensure activation on key initiatives.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously such as meetings, coordinating events, maintaining projects, etc.
- Ability to be confident in decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to provide leadership to others in the organization to ensure projects and tasks are executed correctly and within established timelines.
- Ability to understand and work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and external contacts.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and strong windows application knowledge in utilizing various software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Ability to draft, proofread, and edit documents and written communications, applying proper grammar and spelling skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain a strong professional demeanor as well as enthusiasm in representing agency goals and objectives.
- Manage and maintain confidential information at all times.
- Multi-task oriented and prioritizes work, voluntarily extends hours, and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
And let’s not forget the qualifications for the position:
- A minimum of 5+ years in executive administration or a role that provides administrative/strategic support at a senior executive level.
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PPT, Teams, Excel) is required.
- The ability to work regular core hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. is required with additional hours on an as needed basis.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.