Event Manager, ICS
Do you have a passion for coordinating events and corporate travel? Do you like variety in your work? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment and a competitive benefits and salary package? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! Plus, did we mention we also have a flexible environment and a competitive benefits and salary package?! If this sounds like an awesome opportunity and you think you’re a perfect fit to join our team as an Event Manager in our Innovative Captive Strategies division of our Waukee, IA office, keep reading!
- Manages the strategy and planning of meetings and events.
- Serves as direct liaison between ICS and event suppliers, hotels, and destination management companies.
- Coordinates all accommodations at the events: Group Activities, dinners, transportation.
- Sources new destinations, venues and conducts site visits.
- Negotiates all necessary contracts.
- Monitors and controls event budgets.
- Provides on-site travel services. *Significant travel required, domestic & international.
- Provides Board of Directors of captive insurance companies with proposals for their meetings at various destinations.
- Notifies ICS of all applicable registration deadlines
- Monitors hotel rooming blocks, pickup reports and attrition deadlines
- Builds registration website for each meeting and manages the registration database for multiple events simultaneously.
- Manages all event orders such as banquets, food and beverage, AV.
- Designs event collateral and promotional materials to include meeting itinerary and handouts.
- Creates Mobile App for each event.
- Provides new strategic, interactive ideas for to group activities and arranges with destination management companies.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with team members to include; participate in team meetings, provide back up when necessary, communicate information and effectively problem solve as situations arise.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with support staff and sales team to ensure customer needs are met.
- Support ICS structure.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of Captive/property casualty coverage and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain team and Corporate goals.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously. Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems with tight deadlines.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as; computer, calculator, copier, telephone, fax machine, etc.
- Working knowledge of various software packages such as, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Ability to effectively use the internet/intranet.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Exceptional customer service skills and will work with important clients on a daily basis.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends and develop relationships with contacts within the industry.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours, as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, as necessary.
- Minimum two to four years providing customer service in a travel environment.
- College degree in Event Management, Public Relations, Communications or Marketing preferred.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be an Event Manager for Holmes Murphy and ICS, apply today!