Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Data Steward to join our Property & Casualty team in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to carry out data usage and security policies as determined through enterprise data governance initiatives, acting as a liaison between the IT department and the brokerage services side of the business.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Identify issues and their root causes related to Brokerage Service data.
- Tracking progress on identified issues and working with business leaders to create an improvement plan.
- Work with Enterprise IT on system related issues and correct those issues as they arise.
- Drive benchmarking activities to ensure best in class results for data management practices.
- Coordinate and organize quality, security, and maintenance of data.
- Define data elements and establishes policies and procedures related to the collection and accuracy of data.
- Perform various tests on data systems.
- Help create and implement processes and procedures for data collection, storage, use, and security
- Help to identify ways to use data to drive Brokerage Services objectives.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Technical and Business orientated skills such as programming and data modeling. SQL skill preferred.
- Ability to work with Business Intelligence Platforms, Qlik or PowerBI preferred.
- Ability to work in data warehousing domains and storage concepts
- Ability and willingness to pursue relevant designations and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Basic familiarity with Property Casualty, Surety and Employee Benefits insurance principles and terminology preferred.
- Education: High school diploma; a college degree in computer science, engineering, or analytics is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years administrative, customer service, or office experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.