Sr. Database/Data Warehousing Developer
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Sr. Database/Data Warehousing Developer to join our Corporate Services IT team in Waukee, IA or remotely. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support the company’s overall vision, mission and strategy by executing tactical plans to build and mature the data strategy.
Work closely with Leadership and Business Partners to:
- Execute tactical plans to build and mature the data strategy.
- Integrate data from a variety of systems, both internal and external, into refined data products available to the rest of the enterprise.
- Build analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing actional insight for customers or key business performance metrics
- Work directly with stakeholders to optimize existing solutions and develop new processes to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experiment with new technologies and practices to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Provide general technical advice and weigh in on technical decisions that influence other teams, the company at large, the data strategy and solutioning. Research, influence and propose new technologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Data experience and a technical background including being able to work directly with data and datastores through programming languages such as SQL, Salesforce APEX, or JAVA.
- Experience building and optimizing data sets, including big data pipelines and architectures
- Ability to build processes which support data transformation/movement, data structures, workload and metadata.
- Familiarity with data governance practices and data quality
- Experience with ETL tools and concepts, Alteryx, Microsoft SSIS or Azure Data Factory preferred
- Experience with APIs and/or RPA for the collection of third-party data.
- Experience with cloud data technologies, Snowflake and/or Azure preferred.
- Experience with dashboard and reporting tools, Qlik or Power BI preferred.
- Experience developing data lakes, data warehouses and multi-dimensional modeling
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry preferred.
- Strong analytical skills working with structured and unstructured data
- Communication skills required. Must be able to effectively communicate strategies and designs to all levels of the company.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, highly collaborative environment.
- Eagerness to learn independently.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to work with various personalities and in urgent scenarios.
- Ability to maintain professionalism.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology or engineering, or math related, or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of work-related experience. Knowledge of property casualty insurance preferred but not required.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.