Data Engineer, PC
If executing tactical plans to build and mature the data strategy for our PC business sounds like your dream job, please keep reading! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as a Data Engineer in the Property Casualty department of our Waukee, IA office.
Here’s a bit of what you would do:
Work closely with PC Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Execute tactical plans to build and mature the data strategy.
- Integrate data from a variety of systems, both internal and external, into refined data products available to the rest of the enterprise.
- Work directly with stakeholders to optimize existing solutions and develop new processes to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experiment with new technologies and practices to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Provide general technical advice and weigh in on technical decisions that influence other teams, the company at large, the data strategy and solutioning. Research, influence and propose new technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Data experience and a technical background including being able to work directly with data and datastores through programming languages such as SQL, Salesforce APEX, or JAVA.
- Familiarity with data governance practices and data modeling.
- Experience with ETL tools and concepts.
- Experience with data hygiene.
- Experience with APIs and/or RPA for the collection of third-party data.
- Experience with Snowflake or Qlik preferred.
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry preferred.
- Communication skills required. Must be able to effectively communicate strategies and designs to all levels of the company.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, highly collaborative environment
- Eagerness to learn independently.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to work with various personalities and in urgent scenarios.
- Ability to maintain professionalism.
- Associate’s Bachelor’s degree in science, technology or engineer, or math related; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years work-related experience, Knowledge of property casualty insurance preferred, but not required.
- If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Data Engineer for Holmes Murphy, apply today!