Data Analyst III, CRS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Data Analyst III to join our Creative Risk Solutions team in Waukee, IA or remotely. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support the Creative Risk Solutions division and overall company vision, mission and strategy by executing tactical plans to build and mature the data strategy for Creative Risk Solutions.
Work closely with CRS Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Execute tactical plans to build and mature the data strategy.
- Work directly with business stakeholders to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data. Assist with data cleansing through bulk changes or development of a data strategy to address any data quality findings.
- Identify data sources, construct data diagrams, and document the data processes.
- Creates and understands data mappings and data feed specifications to understand data movement into and out of the system. Communicate these data requirements to the technical team.
- Serves as the quality assurance resource in the software development life cycle for complex data projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry preferred.
- Ability to translate complex data and concepts into language and visualizations that can be readily understood by business stakeholders.
- Ability to create and modify data queries such as SQL or SOQL.
- Experience with data quality, data governance practices and data modeling.
- Experience with ETL tools and concepts.
- Working knowledge of cloud data storage (Snowflake or Azure), APIs connections for third-party data integration and Salesforce platform preferred.
- Communication skills required. Must be able to effectively communicate strategies and designs to all levels of the company.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, highly collaborative environment.
- Eagerness to learn independently.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to work with various personalities and in urgent scenarios.
- Ability to maintain professionalism.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology or engineering, or math related, or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years of data-related experience. Knowledge of property casualty insurance preferred but not required.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.