Data Analyst, CSDZ
Are you detail oriented and enjoy gathering and analyzing information to help identify trends? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our Analytics Team as a Data Analyst in the Property Casualty department of our Waukee, IA office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
- Determine, locate, gather and save client information from a variety of sources.
- Create, update, manage, share and properly save client information for client and internal use and analysis such as obtaining loss runs, managing loss summaries as well as creating and updating large loss summaries.
- Collect, save and manage appropriate workers’ compensation loss data for use in appropriate system and for trend analysis as requested.
- Assist in implementation and mapping of carrier data in Alteryx to gain efficiencies preparing loss summaries and client benchmarking data.
- Build loss summaries in Qlik; design queries in Qlik and Salesforce.
- Conduct financial analytics and benchmark reporting.
- Gather and evaluate historical information.
- Ensure all data-related deliverables conform to data management standards so summarized data is accurate and complete.
- Support internal and external reporting initiatives.
- Provide input and assistance in continuously evaluating and improving processes to gain efficiencies or enhance reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic familiarity with Property Casualty insurance principles and terminology.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills both verbal and written; detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use statistical and analytical software.
- Strong Excel and Windows application knowledge.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work well within team environment.
- Ability to be critical thinker.
- Ability to communicate complex information in an easy-to-follow way that people with no data knowledge can comprehend.
- Ability to proofread and edit documents, as necessary.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods.
- Ability to work with various personalities and in urgent scenarios.
- Ability to keep up to date on carrier Risk Management Information Systems and loss information software programs and uses.
- Ability and willingness to train other loss information professionals.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Results driven and passion for day-to-day work.
- High school degree or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an office environment, preferably in a data specialist or data analysis environment.
- Willingness to pursue industry-related designations/education is a plus.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.