Corporate Compliance Administrator
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately-held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Corporate Compliance Administrator to join our Compliance team in Waukee, IA. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will work to maintain compliance per company and regulatory guidelines which includes but is not limited to monitoring and processing licenses and license renewals for the Company and its associates; completing Carrier Contracting paperwork, processing Development Request, processing Dues/Membership requests and updating employee records, assisting in the research of licensing requirements, assisting with the resolution of licensing issues and maintaining current and proper knowledge of state licensing practices.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Monitors, processes and documents Company’s individual sales agent licenses and license renewals.
- Ensures effective handling of Company’s individual sales agent licensing/renewal questions/problems by properly complying with and interpreting state insurance licensing rules and regulations.
- Monitors, processes and documents Company’s business licenses/registrations, as assigned.
- Corresponds with state regulators, carrier partners and other business partners regarding new licenses, renewals, and regulatory filings, as assigned.
- Assists in preparing and filing more complicated regulatory reports and/or license renewal filings.
- Supports Corporate Compliance team in completing new business license applications and gathering required supporting documents and signatures.
- Assist in preparing and filing corporate change notices.
- Assist in activities related to regulatory compliance audits, as needed.
- Assist in reviewing Company documents and policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state regulations.
- Monitors, processes and documents adjuster licenses for third party administrator, Creative Risk Solutions (CRS), adjusters.
- Assist new employees in registering for licensing exams and pre-license course work, as well as fingerprints, if required by state.
- Corresponds and interacts regularly with state insurance departments, Secretary of States and Securities and Insurance Licensing Association (SILA).
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
- Acts as the primary contact between the Placement Team, business units, and carriers ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed and resolved efficiently and promptly.
- Log and create electronic file.
- Assigns individual access to carrier websites.
Professional Development/Continuing Education:
- Assist employees in locating classroom or online CE courses.
- Maintain general knowledge of industry related designations and distributes information to employees as needed.
- Track the educational and designation achievements of employees and coordinate with Accounting and Human Resources for certificates and bonuses.
- Assist employees with applications for organizational memberships as well as renewals and payments of same.
- Manage Corporate Credit Card for licensing, professional development and certificate of insurance expenses. Balance with monthly invoice and submit to accounting.
- Assist with special projects as requested by upper management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the licensing laws and regulations.
- Ability to work with detail and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft tools.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and management.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and the use of independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain a record-keeping and pending system.
- Ability to comply with all job related and licensing deadlines.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability and willingness to pursue relevant designations and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum X years administrative, customer service, or office experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental, and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.