Contracted Licensed Benefit Specialist, Avant
We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as a Contracted Benefits Specialist for Avant Specialty Benefits in the Kansas City area. We are also open to remote work opportunities outside of the KC area! If this short-term, contracted role is something you are interested in, read on! Candidates must have the availability to work a contracted assignment of 2-6 weeks & no weekends!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Communicate employee benefit plans and process employee enrollments for various clients as outlined in their agreements with Avant
- Provide telephonic support for clients primarily during open enrollment, but may also include assisting newly hired employees with enrollment, assisting employees with qualifying life events, and answering questions about ID cards, eligibility, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service and communicate professionally.
- Understanding of client employee communications including benefit guides, employee memos, OE announcement letters, etc.
- Have detailed product knowledge and overall clear understanding for all benefits offered for each client assignment.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to ensure flow and accuracy of Call Center activity and/or cases, including setting enrollment appointments and gathering materials needed in preparation for Open Enrollment.
- Learn and understand how to navigate various benefit administration systems for clients.
- Assist clients with enrollment projects as assigned.
- Work effectively in an individual and team environment while assisting clients with enrollment projects.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to use a personal computer utilizing various software packages including, but not limited to, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Have the ability to work remotely from your home (if necessary).
- Possess excellent communication skills displaying professional telephone etiquette.
- Ability to manage pre-scheduled calendar appointments daily.
- Possess a strong work ethic and dependability.
- Knowledge of employee benefits, specifically health care terminology.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn ancillary and worksite benefits, including life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, etc.
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Is multi-tasked oriented and prioritizes work, voluntarily extends hours, and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization, is required.
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree within a business or human resources context is preferred.
- Active state-specific Life/Health Insurance Agent license required, or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Proficient in Software and/or technical programs.
- The ability to work regular core hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. is required.
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.