Communication Consultant, EB
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Communication Consultant to join our Employee Benefits team in Dallas, TX. Candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support our communication team members as well as other Holmes Murphy experts to develop effective, accurate, and timely employee communication strategies, work plans and materials and assist with project management and production coordination.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Develop and implement communication strategies and work plans
- Draft, review, edit, and proofread complex benefit and organizational change information for targeted audiences via electronic, print, and face-to-face channels
- Coordinate internal, technical, legal, and client reviews as appropriate and resolve issues raised during the review process to ensure accuracy and effectiveness
- Project manage the design and production of communication materials
- Interact with clients on various projects.
- Manage smaller projects independently and successfully
- Assist others with project management and production coordination on large complex assignments
- Manage internal and client expectations and communicate these clearly with all affected team members
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior, demonstrable technical and persuasive writing skills; advanced editing, proofreading, and composition skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle concurrent multidimensional projects and tasks in a client-focused work environment, voluntarily extend hours and/or solicit additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Solid digital communication skills (content development, site design/flow)
- Strong interpersonal, client relationship, and presentation skills with a collaborative business style
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work well in team environment as well as independently
- Experience working with graphic designers to craft the “look and feel” of communication elements
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and Adobe software
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communication, journalism, marketing, human resources, or related field of study is required; an advanced degree is preferred
- Three or more years experience writing relevant internal communications and/or applicable benefit administration experience with benefits and HR content areas is required.
General Working Conditions
- General office conditions exist with travel to client locations and extended periods of sitting, working on computer terminal.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer