Client Service Team Lead, PC
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Client Service Team Lead to join our Property Casualty team in Kansas City, MO. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
- Lead and motivate team by:
- Creating, developing, implementing and maintaining best practices within the team to ensure effective use of resources.
- Ensure right talent is in the right role for the success of the organization, which may include hiring and terminating employees.
- Coach and counsel team members on areas such as workflow, process and procedure, customer service and client consulting.
- Use Keep it Real performance management process to prepare and conduct performance feedback that defines future goals and objectives and hold employees accountable.
- Fosters a high-performance culture by supporting career development and advancement for team members.
- Responsible for timesheet management, including responding to PTO/RTO requests and approving timesheets.
- Assigns new business to team members.
- Continually reviews current processes with staff to create and encourage an environment emphasizing continual improvement.
- Acts as an advocate for team other HMA departments/divisions to promote strong communication and problem solving as situations arise.
- Maintains scheduling information resolving conflicts to ensure adequate coverage for HMA clients.
- Encourages knowledge sharing amongst team, including issues surrounding markets, products, legislative issues, best practices, etc.
- Coordinates initial and ongoing training with PC Learning & Development and team members on established processes and procedures.
- Coordinates one-on-one technology training to ensure successful implementation of processes and procedures.
- Understands quality management objectives to include file audits, policy checks and helping to improve processes based upon results. Work with team members where improvement is needed.
- Supports and maintains standardized processes to ensure efficient and effective quality service according to established quality guidelines.
- Manages client accounts/files with the same expertise and skill set as consultants.
- Provides back up assistance for team members as necessary.
- Attends team and PC enterprise meetings and all others as required as required in a leadership role.
- Attend carrier meetings to foster underwriting relationships and have knowledge of their products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Holmes Murphy’s goals and objectives, and the ability to convey that philosophy to team members.
- Knowledge of management methods and the ability to apply that knowledge in effectively working with team members.
- Leadership abilities to include the ability to clearly articulate team objectives, as well as to motivate and influence team members generating enthusiasm, flexibility, and an openness to change.
- Ability to conduct talent assessment of team members and partner with other internal resources to develop their strengths and activate their talents.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, personnel issues and client information.
- Advanced knowledge of insurance, the ability to read, understand, and analyze commercial lines coverages.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to apply those skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with clients, agency and company personnel.
- Ability to learn and utilize a wide range of technology and applications.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an active state-specific property/casualty insurance agent’s license.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, or projects, as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Active Iowa Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance agent’s license or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a company or agency underwriting department required.
- Management experience is a plus.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Client Service Team Lead, PC for Holmes Murphy, apply today!
Holmes Murphy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.