Client Service Specialist, PC
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, and opportunities for ownership, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add both Client Service and Sales Team Members to join our Property Casualty team in Scottsdale, AZ. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a passion for making a difference for our clients. Take a stroll through our website.. We’re confident you’ll like what you see, and we’d love to have you apply to be on our team!
Here is just a bit of what you would do as a Client Service Specialist:
- Prepares certificates, binders, auto ID cards and accident kits.
- Order policy changes from carriers, update computer system and set follow-up activities.
- Processes endorsements by checking coverages, invoice and update client management systems.
- Keep follow-up activities current.
- Reviews, processes, and summarizes audits.
- Investigates and corrects omitted items and commission differences on audits and endorsements.
- Be accountable for account and policy accuracy by ensuring that all customer information as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current including coverage schedules, policies, endorsements, and audits.
- Participate in renewal planning with team.
- Assists in the gathering and preparation of client renewal documents and saves to agency management system. Prepares client renewal documents and saves to agency management system.
- Invoice agency bill transactions for new and renewal policies, monthly installments, endorsements and audits. Ensure accuracy of invoicing and work with accounting to resolve any discrepancies.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; providing back up when necessary, communicating information and effectively problem-solving as situations arise.
- Interact with team members throughout the agency as well as customers and insurance company representatives, taking direction from the service team.
You’ll need to be equipped with the following skills for the Client Service Specialist role:
- General knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Negotiation, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Maintains outstanding professional demeanor.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with agency management system, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to learn and use carrier websites, and other software programs used by Holmes Murphy.
- Ability to review, analyze and check experience mods.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Education: High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Experience: Minimum 0 – 2 years’ customer service, underwriting or risk management experience in the insurance industry.
- Active state specific insurance agent license, or ability to acquire a license within three months.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Continuing Education
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-offer background check required.