Client Service Specialist, PC (Construction)
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Client Service Specialist to join our Property & Casualty team in Minneapolis, MN. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to support the sales and service team in their evaluation of the needs and risks of existing clients. Client Service Specialists are responsible for thinking through all processes which ultimately impact the client’s insurance program. They are also responsible for upkeep of accurate and current data in our agency management systems. The above service will be provided in a professional and timely manner all in accordance with our documented processes and procedures.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
Independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently manage daily client service needs which may include but not limited to:
- Prepares certificates, binders, auto ID cards and accident kits.
- Order policy changes from carriers, update computer system and set follow-up activities.
- Processes endorsements by checking coverages, invoice and update client management systems.
- Keep follow-up activities current.
- Reviews, processes, and summarizes audits.
- Investigates and corrects omitted items and commission differences on audits and endorsements.
- Be accountable for account and policy accuracy by ensuring that all customer information as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current including coverage schedules, policies, endorsements, and audits.
- Maintain monthly reporting forms.
- Participate in renewal planning with team.
- Assists in the gathering and preparation of client renewal documents and saves to agency management system. Prepares client renewal documents and saves to agency management system. This could include PSR, schedules, applications, experience mod worksheet, loss runs and summary, schedules, and any other pertinent information.
- Invoice agency bill transactions for new and renewal policies, monthly installments, endorsements and audits. Ensure accuracy of invoicing and work with accounting to resolve any discrepancies.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; providing back up when necessary, communicating information and effectively problem-solving as situations arise.
- Interact with personnel throughout the agency as well as customers and insurance company representatives, taking direction from the service team.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- General knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Negotiation, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Maintains outstanding professional demeanor.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with agency management system, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to learn and use carrier websites, and other software programs used by Holmes Murphy.
- Ability to review, analyze and check experience mods.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
And let’s not forget the qualifications for the position:
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred. Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum 0 – 2 years’ customer service or administrative experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.