Client Service Intern, PC (Year-Round)
Are you a current student looking to gain professional experience in a data-focused role? We are seeking candidates for a Client Service Intern position in the Property Casualty division of our Sioux Falls, SD office. If you’re able to work part-time hours during the school year, and full-time hours in the summer, you may be the perfect fit.
Don’t worry if you don’t know anything about insurance, our summer program is designed to provide a comprehensive learning experience that will allow you to explore the ever-changing industry. Program components include:
TEAMWORK – Each intern is assigned a department and team to support throughout the summer. A typical intern workload is a mix of day-to-day responsibilities and projects.
INTERN U – Intern University is a presentation series held each week to teach interns about our different departments and subsidiaries, and the role they play within the company.
GROUP PROJECTS – Interns are put on a team of 4-6 and are challenged with a real business need. As a group, they work over the course of the program to find a solution and present their proposal to Holmes Murphy leadership at the end of the summer.
VOLUNTEERING – Holmes Murphy strives to “Leave Good Footprints” and we expect the same from our interns! We like to get out of the office at least one or two times a summer and give back to the community.
Client Service Intern Duties:
- Provide support to Account Managers and Consultants to coordinate client work internally.
- Assist Account Managers in drafting Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Assist sales and service teams with marketing of new and renewal business to include gathering needed information.
- Assist sales and service teams with preparation/creation of materials for presentations.
- Attend client meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A curious and competitive spirit.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Risk Management & Insurance, or a related field.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Prior work experience is a plus, preferably in a customer service or administrative role.
- Available to work part-time hours during the school year, and full-time hours in the summer.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Client Service Intern for Holmes Murphy, apply today!