Client Service Consultant, Private Risk
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Client Service Consultant to join our Private Risk team in Waukee or Minneapolis. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support a handle a book of business for assigned clients, which includes evaluating the needs and risks of these clients and assisting them in creating an insurance program specific to their individual needs. This role includes understanding the client’s risk and marketing those needs to the appropriate carriers. Client Service Consultants are expected to independently perform the tasks required to efficiently manage accounts and provide excellent customer service. The above service will be provided in a professional and timely manner all in accordance with our documented processes and procedures.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to: Independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently manage daily client service needs which may include but are not limited to:
- Manage an assigned book of business.
- Prepare and process Evidence of Insurance, Binders, Agent of Record Letters, Lost Policy Release Letters, Auto ID cards, and various other forms
- Process carrier downloads for a managed book of business.
- Market, underwrite, and quote new and renewal Negotiate coverage and pricing with carriers.
- Expand accounts by offering additional lines of insurance Be knowledgeable of clients’ needs through touch points throughout the policy term; following established client deliverables.
- Follow the renewal process; refer to procedures for timing, method, etc. for the level of the client.
- Order renewals as requested/needed if not automatically renewed
- Request/process changes from carriers, update system set follow-up activities.
- Follow up on pending changes and quote
- Accountable for account accuracy by ensuring that online customer information, as well as, items received by carriers are accurate and current, including coverage schedules, policy formats, policy endorsements, and premiums.
- Provide client contact through correspondence, telephone communications, and in-person meetings.
- Higher level of claims consulting; analyzing exposure/consequences and alternatives. Follow the claims process with the carrier and remain in touch with the client on the process as needed. Submit/report claims to the insurance carrier for the client. Be aware of client’s claim history and consult the client if applicable.
- Increased level of negotiations skills, presentation, critical thinking, professional communication, and demeanor with both clients and carrier partner
- Contract reviews
- Perform special projects as identified by the manage
- Follow established agency procedures; Actively lead and contribute to refining new processes
- Attend appropriate in-house training and education based upon plan and agreed-upon leade
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to develop knowledge of personal lines coverages, claims processing procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties
- Ability to read, understand and analyze coverages, forms, and policies, as well as, comply with provisions, as necessary
- Ability to use professional judgment in analyzing coverage requirements, identifying appropriate resources, and resolving insurance issues
- Ability to develop and foster effective relationships with client
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients and company personnel.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, as well as, in a team environment (in an office and/or remote environment when applicable).
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, calculators, copiers/scanners, telephones, fax machines, etc.
- Working knowledge of various software packages such as Sagitta, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of the Internet and e-mail system
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculation
- Ability to work hours assigned upon hire, with flexibility, as needed for the jo
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, as necessary
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred. An active state-specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license is required or the ability to acquire a license within three months of hire. Technical designations/education, CISR, PRMA (encouraged) as well as other related industry classes/education approved by Holmes Murphy & Associates, Inc.
- Experience: Must have 3-5 years of experience in personal lines on the agency side and/or 3-5 years of experience in personal lines on the carrier side.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental, and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company-paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial well-being but also your career well-being.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.