Client Service Consultant, Private Risk
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Client Service Consultant to join our Private Risk team in either Minneapolis, MN or Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
Ideal candidates will have Personal Lines insurance experience and thrive when serving clients. Take a stroll through our website. We’re confident you’ll like what you learn and would love to have you apply to join our team.
Main responsibilities include:
- Manage assigned Private Risk (personal lines) book of business.
- Prepare and process Evidence of Insurance, Binders, Agent of Record Letters, Lost Policy Release Letters, Auto ID cards and various other form
- Process carrier downloads for managed book of business.
- Market, underwrite, and quote new and renewal Negotiate coverage and pricing with carriers.
- Expand accounts by offering additional lines of insurance Be knowledgeable of clients’ needs through touch points throughout the policy term; following established client deliverables.
- Follow renewal process; refer to procedures for timing, method etc. for level of client.
- Order renewals as requested/needed if not automatically renewed
- Request/process changes from carriers, update system set follow-up activities.
- Follow up on pending changes and quote
- Accountable for account accuracy by ensuring that on-line customer information, as well as, items received by carriers are accurate and current, including coverage schedules, policy formats, policy endorsements, and premiums.
- Provide client contact through correspondence, telephone communications and in-person meetings.
- Higher level of claims consulting; analyzing exposure/consequences and alternatives. Follow claims process with carrier and remain in touch with client on process as needed. Submit/report claims to the insurance carrier for the client. Be aware of clients claim history and consult client if applicable.
- Increased level of negotiations skills, presentation, critical thinking, professional communication, demeanor with both clients and carrier partner
- Contract review
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop knowledge of personal lines coverages, claims processing procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties
- Ability to read, understand and analyze coverages, forms and policies, as well as comply with provisions, as necessary
- Ability to use professional judgment in analyzing coverage requirements, identifying appropriate resources, and resolving insurance issue
- Ability to develop and foster effective relationships with client
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients and company personnel.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, as well as, in a team environment (in an office and/or remote environment, when applicable).
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as, computer, calculators, copier/scanner, telephone, and fax machines, etc.
- Working knowledge of various software packages such as, Sagitta, Word and Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of the Internet and e-mail system
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculation
- Ability to work hours assigned upon hire, with flexibility, as needed for the job
- Experience: Minimum 4 years’ personal lines insurance experience
- Education: High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Licensing: Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance Agent’s license required, or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.