Client Service Consultant, Private Risk
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do and who they do it with.
Offering a fast-paced work environment, vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential in our thriving company, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking for candidates to join our team as a Client Service Consultant on the Private Risk team of our Waukee, IA or Minneapolis, MN office.
Client Service Consultants are responsible for handling a book of business of assigned clients, which includes evaluating the needs and risks of clients and assisting them in creating an insurance program. You get to learn and understand your clients’ risk and market those needs to the appropriate insurance carriers to cover the risks of clients’ personal assets.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
Independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently manage daily client service needs which may include but not limited to:
- Manage assigned book of business.
- Prepare and process Evidence of Insurance, Binders, Agent of Record Letters, Lost Policy Release Letters, Auto ID cards and various other form
- Process carrier downloads for managed book of business.
- Market, underwrite, and quote new and renewal Negotiate coverage and pricing with carriers.
- Expand accounts by offering additional lines of insuranc Be knowledgeable of clients’ needs through touch points throughout the policy term; following established client deliverables.
- Follow renewal process; refer to procedures for timing, method etc. for level of client.
- Order renewals as requested/needed if not automatically renewe
- Request/process changes from carriers, update system set follow-up activities.
- Follow up on pending changes and quote
- Accountable for account accuracy by ensuring that on-line customer information, as well as, items received by carriers are accurate and current, including coverage schedules, policy formats, policy endorsements, and premiums.
- Provide client contact through correspondence, telephone communications and in-person meetings.
- Higher level of claims consulting; analyzing exposure/consequences and alternatives. Follow claims process with carrier and remain in touch with client on process as needed. Submit/report claims to the insurance carrier for the client. Be aware of clients claim history and consult client if applicable.
- Increased level of negotiations skills, presentation, critical thinking, professional communication, demeanor with both clients and carrier partner
- Contract revie
- Perform special projects as identified by manage
- Follow established agency procedures; Actively lead and contribute to refining new processe
- Attend appropriate in-house trainings and education based upon plan and agreed upon leade
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop knowledge of personal lines coverages, claims processing procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job dutie
- Ability to read, understand and analyze coverages, forms and policies, as well as, comply with provisions, as necessar
- Ability to use professional judgment in analyzing coverage requirements, identifying appropriate resources, and resolving insurance issue
- Ability to develop and foster effective relationships with client
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients and company personnel.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, as well as, in a team environment (in an office and/or remote environment when applicable).
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneousl
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as, computer, calculators, copier/scanner, telephone, and fax machines, etc.
- Working knowledge of various software packages such as, Sagitta, Word and Exce
- Knowledge and understanding of the Internet and e-mail system
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculation
- Ability to work hours assigned upon hire, with flexibility, as needed for the jo
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, as necessar
- Experience: Minimum 4 years personal lines insurance experience.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred.
- Licensing: Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required, or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- Technical designations/education: CISR, PRMA (encouraged.) as well as other related industry classes/education approved by Holmes Murphy & Associates, Inc.
Benefits Highlights Include:
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background check required.