Client Service Consultant, PC
Are you a Property & Casualty insurance professional passionate about servicing your customers? Are you interested in working side-by-side with some pretty awesome employees? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Client Service Consultant, PC in our Sioux Falls, SD office, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Partner with client experience team to provide proactive services and solutions for clients including:
- Working larger, more complex accounts supporting the Client Manager.
- Coordinates pre-renewal meeting with client experience team based upon client expiration dates.
- Orders policy changes from carriers, update computer systems and sets follow-up activities.
- Reviews insurance in place and assess future need of client.
- Evaluates and recommends insurance options for clients.
- Consistently available for client inquiries, as well as responds to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains an awareness of client red flags and taking appropriate action, as necessary.
- Researches and investigates client insurance issues.
- Understands “How We” do business.
- Ensures completion of renewals according to our time standards.
- Uses established processes and procedures to ensure quality guidelines are met.
- Consulting with Client on coverage needs
- Manages and understands various insurance programs, including contract review, captives, or claims made policies.
- Be accountable for account and policy accuracy by ensuring that all customer information as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current including coverage schedules, policies, endorsements, and audits.
- Investigates and corrects omitted items and commission differences on audits and endorsements.
- Meets with team for pre-renewal meetings on qualifying accounts and development of client opportunities.
- Prepares client renewal reviews and applications, orders renewals, and ensures accurate invoicing and the completion of required documents.
- Determine markets for new/renewal accounts and prepares/deliver submissions.
- Training and mentoring Client Service Specialists as needed, providing directions on shared accounts and ensuring all client needs are handled.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel and team members.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with Sagitta, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to perform simple to complex mathematics computations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ Commercial Property Casualty Insurance or Risk Management Experience required.
- Experience within the Construction Industry preferred.
- Ability to acquire and maintain within three months of hire an active state specific Property/Casualty insurance agent’s license.
- Available to work core business hours 8:00 AM – 4:45 PM, Monday – Friday in our Waukee, IA Holmes Murphy office.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Client Service Consultant on the Property Casualty team for Holmes Murphy, apply today!