Client Service Consultant II, PC
How have we maintained our 90 years of independence? Because we’re bullish in the industry, we’re innovative, we offer cutting-edge services and benefits, and we care deeply about our employees, clients, and communities. That’s what being part of an employee-owned, powerhouse company can do. Our employees write our playbook, have a seat at the table in the decisions we make, and work together (not against each other) — providing an exceptional employee experience.
Sound enticing? Interested in the potential of becoming a shareholder/owner for one of the largest independent brokerages in the nation? Check out our open Client Service Consultant, PC opportunity and apply!
We are looking to add a Client Service Consultant to join our Property & Casualty team in Denver, CO Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and love of learning.
This role will support and handle a book of business for assigned clients, which includes evaluating the needs and risks of these clients and assisting them in creating an insurance program specific to those needs. This role includes understanding the client’s business operation and marketing those needs to the appropriate carriers to cover the risks of their business. Client Service Consultants are expected to independently perform the tasks required to efficiently manage accounts and provide excellent customer service. The above service will be provided in a professional and timely manner all in accordance with our documented processes and procedures.
- Working accounts with Client Service Specialist support and/or supporting Client Manager; servicing larger, more complex accounts.
- Prepares certificates, binders, auto ID cards and accident kits.
- Attend Insurance Carrier Meetings.
- Order policy changes from carriers, update the computer system and set follow-up activities.
- Processes endorsements by checking coverages, and invoices and updating client management systems.
- Keep follow-up activities current.
- Reviews, processes, and summarizes audits.
- Investigates and corrects omitted items and commission differences on audits and endorsements.
- Be accountable for account and policy accuracy by ensuring that all customer information as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current including coverage schedules, policies, endorsements, and audits.
- Maintain monthly reporting forms.
- Take ownership and lead accounts.
- Meet with team for pre-renewal meetings on qualifying accounts and development of client opportunities.
- Attend Client renewal meetings, as required.
- Consult with Client on coverage needs.
- Participate in Contract Review.
- Market renewal policies and negotiate with insurance company underwriters.
- Review quotes on accounts for accuracy and prepare proposal documents for client.
- Prepares client renewal documents and saves to agency management system. This could include PSR, schedules, applications, experience mod worksheet, loss runs and summary, schedules, and any other pertinent information.
- Invoice agency bill transactions for new and renewal policies, monthly installments, endorsements and audits. Ensure accuracy of invoicing and work with accounting to resolve any discrepancies.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; providing back up when necessary, communicating information and effectively problem-solving as situations arise.
- Interact with personnel throughout the agency as well as customers and insurance company representatives, taking direction from the service team.
- Train and mentor Client Service Specialists as needed; Provide direction on shared accounts.
- Knowledge transfer and sharing through various platforms (i.e.: team meetings, emails, Salesforce Chatter, etc.).
- Work with Client Service Specialists to ensure all client needs are handled.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Knowledge and use of various carrier websites for quoting purposes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Advanced negotiation, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Maintains outstanding professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with agency management system, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to review, analyze and check experience mods.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Ability to follow all established agency procedures.
- Capable of working on accounts from beginning to end without assistance or support.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred. Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum 5+ years customer service experience, underwriting or risk management in the insurance industry.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental, and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for Colorado residents is $63,500.00 – $98,300.00 Compensation is based on several factors, including, but not limited to, education, work experience and industry certifications. In addition to your salary, Holmes Murphy offers a comprehensive total rewards program including annual bonuses, total wellbeing benefits and support for professional development.