Client Service Consultant, ICS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Client Service Consultant to join our Innovative Captive Strategies team. Ideal candidates would be located near or around Waukee, IA but open to a remote location depending on candidate experience. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will coordinate and implement multiple workflow processes for ongoing operations of client captive insurance companies. This position requires excellent internal and external customer service skills and an attention to detail and timelines.
Here’s a bit of what you’d do:
- Oversight, coordination, and implementation of multiple processes including annual captive renewal, premium audits, endorsement requests, monthly reporting requirements and invoice approvals.
- Coordinate internal and external material preparation for semi-annual captive board meetings.
- Effectively integrate into agent and client relationships when new clients join a captive.
- Become familiar with captive insurance company equity statements.
- Become familiar with risk management programs.
- Maintain client administrative management system.
- Continually develops relationships with all professional partners including agency personnel, underwriters, third party administrators, actuaries, and domicile captive managers.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information, and effectively problem solving as situations arise.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with support staff outside the sales team to ensure customer needs are met.
- Support ICS Structure.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- Understanding of insurance agency and insurance company operations and workflows.
- Ability to read and have a basic understanding of client financial statements.
- Knowledge of and ability to read, understand and analyze property/casualty coverage forms and apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages such as, WORD, EXCEL, and POWERPOINT. Ability to effectively use the internet/intranet.
- Experience with agency management systems.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability and willingness to present at and participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends and develop relationships with contacts within the industry.
And let’s not forget the qualifications for the position:
- Education: Acquire, and maintain, active property/casualty insurance agent’s license within three months of hire date. College Degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum five years providing customer service in an insurance company or agency environment.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.