Client Service Consultant, Fraternal
Were you in a fraternity or sorority in college? Are you passionate about serving your customers and making an impact on the lives of college students? We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as a Client Service Consultant on the Fraternal Practice team of our Holmes Murphy office in Omaha, NE.
The Omaha Fraternal Practice was founded in 1991 as Kirklin & Co. to serve the insurance and risk management needs of college fraternities, sororities, and other student housing risks. Today, Holmes Murphy Fraternal Practice is the recognized leader in developing innovate insurance and risk management programs that meet the unique needs of fraternal and student organizations on campuses across North America.
If you would like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive total rewards package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture, please keep reading!
Overview of role:
The purpose of this position is to evaluate the needs and risks of existing clients and assist them in creating an insurance program specific to those needs. This role includes understanding the client’s business operation and marketing those needs to the appropriate carriers to cover the risks of their business.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and operates as an effective partner with clients to include, but not limited to the following:
- Tracks expiration dates of current clients to ensure renewals are completed.
- Reviews insurance in place and assess future need of client.
- Evaluates and recommends insurance options for clients.
- Consistently available for client inquiries, as well as responds to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains an awareness of all client service issues.
- Researches and investigates client insurance issues.
- Instigates meetings or telephone contact with clients to proactively address issues and explores opportunities to enhance services currently provided.
- Investigates and identifies appropriate resources to resolve complex insurance issues ensuring client and sales team satisfaction.
- Receives information on losses from the insured, claimants, or account executive and assist in referring the loss information to the appropriate company for processing.
- Works with HMA Claims Department to provide follow-up, counsel, etc. as required to successfully complete the claim process for the client.
- Prepares client renewal reviews and applications, orders renewals, and ensures accurate invoicing, as well as, the completion of required documents.
- Accountable for account accuracy by ensuring that on-line customer information, as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current to include; coverages schedules, policy formats, policy endorsements, premiums, and invoicing.
- Manages various complex insurance plans such as claims made policies, loss sensitive risk funding plans, and loss development and loss forecasting.
- Interprets policy contractual provisions, understands policy forms and general intent, develops manuscript endorsements to ensure appropriate action taken on coverage issues.
- Participates in the new/renewal sales process to include; determining optimum markets for new/renewal accounts and prepares/deliver submissions.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for the sale of additional lines of insurance, as well as additional agency services such as loss control accomplished by understanding client business needs and in fostering strong client relationships.
- Evaluates renewal quotes and as necessary interfaces/negotiates with carrier underwriter with sales team’s assistance, if required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with company underwriters and representatives to develop broad product knowledge and effectively resolve client service issues.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information, and effectively problem solving as situations arise.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of property casualty insurance coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients and team members.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze property casualty coverages, forms and policies, as well as review business contract provisions and amend coverages to comply with provisions, as necessary.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an active state-specific property/casualty insurance agent’s license.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and use carrier websites and other programs, as required for position.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgement.
- Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods.
- Ability to be available for work daily for a minimum of 7.75 hours per day and for overtime as necessary to perform duties.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma required
- 3+ years’ experience working in an insurance agency or insurance company.
- Membership in a fraternity or sorority preferred, but not required
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background check required.