Client Service Consultant, EB
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Client Service Consultant to join our Employee Benefits team in Omaha, NE. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to provide account management support for other Consultants and Senior Consultants, articulating client strategy to internal and external partners.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Initiate opportunities to round accounts, to include presenting information to client with or without assistance from the Senior Consultant.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients, insurance carriers and vendor partners; manage escalated issues.
- Share knowledge, work effort and provide guidance, delegating as appropriate.
- Establish and manage timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations and team resources responsible for completing the tasks, and meeting needs and milestones needed to complete assigned projects.
- Monitor financials/budgeting status on a monthly basis; review and deliver appropriate reporting to clients.
- Request health and welfare plan renewals from insurance carriers for each client; file and summarize renewals for each client for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant; and perform the final review of documents and contracts.
- Draft complex Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier markets, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, negotiate with vendors as needed and summarize and analyze insurance carrier proposals for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant.
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications specific for each client’s employee population.
- Implement new health and welfare benefit plans.
- Take ownership of identified problems; research and problem solve to see the process through to resolution.
- Provide timely, accurate, courteous and appropriate responses to co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Use tact, diplomacy and appropriate confidentiality in handling sensitive client or insurance carrier situations and/or complaints.
- Visit client sites to participate in face-to-face meetings, as required.
- Assist clients in meeting HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other employee benefit-related compliance regulations.
- Conduct administrative tasks, as needed, in the form of photo copying, filing, creating correspondence, etc.
- Monitor Helpline performance and issues, providing up-to-date information and assisting with meetings/trainings (dependent upon client).
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages, such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel to client’s location in coordination with sales/service team members is a must.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree is preferred. Professional designations such as CEBS or CLU are helpful. Human Resource certifications are also preferred, such as PHR or SPHR. Active state Life & Health insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire, is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization, is required
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.