Client Service Consultant, EB
Do you excel at providing account management support? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as a Client Service Consultant in the Employee Benefits division of our Davenport, IA office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
- Provide account management support for other Consultants and Senior Consultants, articulating client strategy to internal and external partners.
- Initiate opportunities to round accounts, to include presenting information to client with or without assistance from the Senior Consultant.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients, insurance carriers and vendor partners; manage escalated issues.
- Share knowledge, work effort and provide guidance, delegating as appropriate.
- Establish and manage timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations and team resources responsible for completing the tasks, and meeting needs and milestones needed to complete assigned projects.
- Monitor financials/budgeting status on a monthly basis; review and deliver appropriate reporting to clients.
- Request health and welfare plan renewals from insurance carriers for each client; file and summarize renewals for each client for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant; and perform the final review of documents and contracts.
- Draft complex Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier markets, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, negotiate with vendors as needed and summarize and analyze insurance carrier proposals for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant.
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications specific for each client’s employee population.
- Implement new health and welfare benefit plans.
- Take ownership of identified problems; research and problem solve to see the process through to resolution.
- Provide timely, accurate, courteous and appropriate responses to co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Use tact, diplomacy and appropriate confidentiality in handling sensitive client or insurance carrier situations and/or complaints.
- Visit client sites to participate in face-to-face meetings, as required.
- Assist clients in meeting HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other employee benefit-related compliance regulations.
- Conduct administrative tasks, as needed, in the form of photo copying, filing, creating correspondence, etc.
- Monitor Helpline performance and issues, providing up-to-date information and assisting with meetings/trainings (dependent upon client).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages, such as PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel to client’s location in coordination with sales/service team members is a must.
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization, is required.
- Professional designations such as CEBS or CLU are helpful. Human Resource certifications are also preferred, such as PHR or SPHR.
- Active Iowa and Illinois Life & Health insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire, is required.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Client Service Consultant for Holmes Murphy, apply today!