Client Service Consultant, EB
Do you excel at providing account management support? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Client Service Consultant within our Employee Benefits division in our Sioux Falls, SD , office, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Provide account management support for other Consultants and Senior Consultants, articulating client strategy to internal and external partners.
- Initiate opportunities to round accounts, to include presenting information to client with or without assistance from the Senior Consultant.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients, insurance carriers and vendor partners; manage escalated issues.
- Share knowledge, work effort and provide guidance, delegating as appropriate.
- Establish and manage timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations and team resources responsible for completing the tasks, and meeting needs and milestones needed to complete assigned projects.
- Monitor financials/budgeting status on a monthly basis; review and deliver appropriate reporting to clients.
- Request health and welfare plan renewals from insurance carriers for each client; file and summarize renewals for each client for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant; and perform the final review of documents and contracts.
- Draft complex Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier markets, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, negotiate with vendors as needed and summarize and analyze insurance carrier proposals for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant.
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications specific for each client’s employee population.
- Implement new health and welfare benefit plans.
- Take ownership of identified problems; research and problem solve to see the process through to resolution.
- Provide timely, accurate, courteous and appropriate responses to co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Use tact, diplomacy and appropriate confidentiality in handling sensitive client or insurance carrier situations and/or complaints.
- Visit client sites to participate in face-to-face meetings, as required.
- Assist clients in meeting HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other employee benefit-related compliance regulations.
- Conduct administrative tasks, as needed, in the form of photo copying, filing, creating correspondence, etc.
- Monitor Helpline performance and issues, providing up-to-date information and assisting with meetings/trainings (dependent upon client).
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization, is required.
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree is preferred.
- Active South Dakota Life & Health insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire, is required.
- Professional designations such as CEBS or CLU are helpful. Human Resource certifications are also preferred, such as PHR or SPHR.
- The ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages, such as Word and Excel, is required.
- The ability to travel to client’s location in coordination with sales/service team members is a must.
- The ability to work regular core hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. is required.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Client Service Consultant, apply today!