Client Service Consultant, CSDZ
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Client Service Consultant to join our CSDZ team in Minneapolis, MN. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to handle a book of business for assigned clients, which includes evaluating the needs and risks of these clients and assist them in creating an insurance program specific to those needs. This role includes understanding the client’s business operation and marketing those needs to the appropriate carriers to cover the risks of their business. Client Service Consultants are expected to independently perform the tasks required to efficiently manage accounts and provide excellent customer service. The above service will be provided in a professional and timely manner all in accordance with our documented processes and procedures.
Independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently manage client service which includes renewal marketing and placement of insurance for assigned clients as well as responding to daily client service needs which may include but not limited to:
- Working accounts start to finish; may have some Client Service Specialist support and/or supporting Client Manager.
- Prepares certificates, binders, auto ID cards and accident kits.
- Attend Insurance Carrier Meetings.
- Order policy changes from carriers, update computer system and set follow-up activities.
- Processes endorsements by checking coverages, invoice and update client management systems.
- Keep follow-up activities current.
- Reviews, processes, and summarizes audits.
- Investigates and corrects omitted items and commission differences on audits and endorsements.
- Be accountable for account and policy accuracy by ensuring that all customer information as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current including coverage schedules, policies, endorsements, and audits.
- Maintain monthly reporting forms.
- Take ownership and lead accounts.
- Meet with team for pre-renewal meetings on qualifying accounts and development of client opportunities.
- Attend Client renewal meetings, as required.
- Consult with Client on coverage needs.
- Participate in Contract Review.
- Market renewal policies and negotiate with insurance company underwriters.
- Review quotes on accounts for accuracy and prepare proposal documents for client.
- Prepares client renewal documents and saves to agency management system. This could include PSR, schedules, applications, experience mod worksheet, loss runs and summary, schedules, and any other pertinent information.
- Invoice agency bill transactions for new and renewal policies, monthly installments, endorsements and audits. Ensure accuracy of invoicing and work with accounting to resolve any discrepancies.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; providing back up when necessary, communicating information and effectively problem-solving as situations arise.
- Interact with personnel throughout the agency as well as customers and insurance company representatives, taking direction from the service team.
- Train and mentor Client Service Specialists as needed; Provide direction on shared accounts.
- Knowledge transfer and sharing through various platforms (i.e.: team meetings, emails, Salesforce Chatter, etc.).
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Knowledge and use of various carrier websites for quoting purposes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Advanced negotiation, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Maintains outstanding professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required, working familiarity with agency management system, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to review, analyze and check experience mods.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Ability to follow all established agency procedures.
- Capable of working on accounts from beginning to end.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred. Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum 3+ years customer service, underwriting, or risk management experience in the insurance industry.
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.