Client Service Consultant, CORE
Holmes Murphy has always believed that investing in our employees, the spaces in which they work, and the environment that we provide are all critical to our culture, purpose, and the services we offer. After all, we know that employees who feel appreciated and recognized for their hard work and dedication result in employees who feel immensely invested in the success of our clients and our company. On top of this, our employees have a seat at the table and the opportunity to pave their own way. Cool, right?! If you nodded yes, check out our open Client Service Consultant, CORE position on our Property Casualty team, and apply!
This position includes managing the overall client relationship, evaluating the needs and risks of existing and new clients, understanding the client’s business needs, and creating an insurance program by marketing to appropriate carriers and working with incumbent carriers. The position is also responsible for suggesting additional coverage and limits, based on this assessment, which reduces the client’s exposure. The above service will be provided in a professional and timely manner. This position is also responsible for sharing knowledge, which may include the training and development of Client Service Specialists.
- Prepare client renewal documents for reviews and applications.
- Keep management systems up-to-date.
- Bind coverage per instructions from the client following company & HMA procedures.
- Order renewals from insurance companies or obtain information from company websites.
- Issue certificates of insurance and auto ID cards.
- Quote, Issue and Bind using carrier websites.
- Review insurance in place and assess the future needs of the client.
- Evaluate and recommend insurance options for clients.
- Accountable for account accuracy by ensuring that online customer information, as well as items received by carriers, is accurate and current to include; coverage on schedules, policy formats, policy endorsements, premiums, and invoicing.
Client Service Duties:
Maintain dedication to professional client service and operates as an effective partner with clients to include, but not limited to the following:
- Consistently available for client inquiries, as well as responds to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain an awareness of all client service issues.
- Research and investigate client insurance issues.
- Keep informed of insurance industry developments through a review of the trade press and by attending meetings on new or revised products.
- Proactively address issues and opportunities for enhanced service.
- Investigate and identify appropriate resources to resolve complex insurance issues ensuring client and account executive satisfaction.
May have responsibility for claim referral process management as follows:
- Receive information on losses from the insured, claimants, or an account executive and assist in referring the loss information.
- Provide follow-up, counsel, etc. as required to successfully complete the claim process for the client.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for the sale of additional lines of insurance, as well as additional agency services such as loss control accomplished by understanding client business needs and in fostering strong client relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple workflows (service centers, direct business with underwriters involvement).
Marketing/Sales Process Duties:
- Participate in the renewal sales process to include: determining optimum markets for renewal accounts and prepares/delivers submissions.
- Evaluate renewal quotes and as necessary interfaces/negotiates with carrier underwriter with Account Executive assistance, if required.
- Quote accounts online through carrier websites.
- Obtain submission data from prospects or clients to include losses, payroll, sales projections, company history, product brochures, and desired services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with company underwriter and representatives to develop broad product knowledge and effectively resolve client service issues.
- Conduct renewal meetings with customers either in person or virtually.
- Share knowledge by training and developing staff to build future successful and productive account managers for HMA.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with support staff outside the sales team to ensure customer needs are met.
- Develop and maintain positive work relationships with team members including participating in team meetings, providing backup when necessary, communicating information and effectively problem-solving as situations arise.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze property-casualty coverages, forms and policies.
- Ability to learn insurance markets, to analyze simple to complex coverage requirements, to identify appropriate resources, and to resolve insurance issues.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an active state-specific property casualty insurance agent’s license.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as: computer, calculators, copiers/scanner, telephone, fax machine, etc.
- Working knowledge of various software packages such as Sagitta, Image Right, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends and develop relationships with contacts within the industry.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Knowledge of Holmes Murphy’s goals and objectives, and the ability to convey that philosophy to team members.
- Leadership abilities to include the ability to clearly articulate team objectives, as well as to motivate and influence team members generating enthusiasm, flexibility and an openness to change.
- Ability to evaluate current methods, forecast future needs, develop action plans, and implement processes utilizing creative solutions to problems as they arise.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties as designated by manager and/or sales team.
- Utilize organizational skills while incorporating special projects and daily duties.
- Ability to obtain proper insurance licensing within three months of hire.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred.
- An active state-specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license is required or the ability to acquire a license within three months of hire. Working to ARM, AU, (CRIS Construction) designation preferred.
- Experience: 5+ years of customer service, underwriting, or risk management experience in the insurance industry.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental, and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company-paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.