Client Service Consultant, Charlesworth Consulting
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking for candidates to join our team as a Client Service Consultant on the Charlesworth Consulting team where we specialize in advising clients on how to navigate the complex world of insurance and risk management.
Ideal candidates will have Commercial Property & Casualty insurance experience and thrive on serving customers. We are flexible with filling this position in our Dallas, TX, Kansas City, MO, or Waukee, IA office locations. Take a stroll through our Holmes Murphy and Charlesworth Consulting websites. We’re confident you’ll like what you see, and we’d love to have you apply to be on our team!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
Once trained, independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently manage daily client service needs which may include but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a service program for each assigned client. Work with senior team members to determine specific service responsibilities.
- Provide courteous, empathetic, efficient, and timely response to telephone and written inquiries from clients.
- Provide creative ideas to promote client service offerings and initiatives.
- Communicate daily with clients, third parties and internal teams to ensure proper administration of accounts (including contract concerns, underwriting issues, claim situations, etc). Follow up on outstanding issues or client requests in a timely manner.
- Understand and manage standard claim processing procedures including the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and third parties.
- Draft Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate team member, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, summarize insurance carrier proposals for review by appropriate team member.
- Assist in the preparation of marketing and renewal applications including gathering needed information, communicating with client staff, and preparation of proposal to client.
- Assist with preparation/creation of materials for presentations, utilizing software packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Maintain product files, both electronically and in hard copy, as appropriate, for clients and in accordance with Charlesworth/Holmes Murphy’s processes.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of local governmental entities (including cities, counties and/or school districts) preferred, but not required.
- Some Commercial Property & Casualty insurance knowledge required.
- Ability to perform preliminary risk analysis based on the operational activities of each client.
- Ability to analyze insurance language based on contractual terms and conditions.
- Capable of exercising discretion, in confidential matters, and using independent judgment.
- Thorough understanding of standard underwriting procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel and team members.
- Ability to work with detail and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to understand and analyze property and liability coverages without supervision from others.
- Ability to perceive client needs and take initiative to support those needs.
- Advanced negotiation, presentation and critical thinking skills.
- Multi-tasked oriented and prioritizes work, voluntarily extends hours, and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Maintain outstanding professional demeanor.
- Self-disciplined and motivated.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to use video conferencing tools like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to provide own transportation and ability to travel on a limited basis.
- Ability to travel locally, some overnight travel.
- Education: High school diploma required; college degree or extensive legal, property casualty claim, or insurance experience preferred. CPCU, ARM, or other related education preferred. State-specific commercial property-casualty license or ability to obtain within three months of hire required.
- Experience: Minimum 3+ years’ experience in commercial property and casualty claims, risk management, insurance, public entities, or the legal industry preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Continuing Education
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background check required.