Client Service – 2024 Brainery Program
Are you looking for an opportunity that allows you to grow and share your unique potential every day, an environment that encourages volunteering, and a company with a culture where celebrating yours and our clients’ success is just part of what we do? If you nodded yes, check out our open Client Service position and apply!
We are looking for candidates to participate in the 2024 Brainery Program. The Brainery is the first step on the path to a successful career at Holmes Murphy. Our philosophy is to hire top talent, and then teach them the fundamentals of the insurance industry and our client base. You will start with training for one week in our Waukee, Iowa headquarters and then will accelerate through a combination of virtual learning and on-the-job experience.
TRAINING LOCATIONS – DES MOINES (WAUKEE), DALLAS, TX
PLACEMENT LOCATION – DALLAS, TX
- Coordinate client work internally. You will provide support for Consultants and Senior Consultants.
- Maintain positive working relationships. Clear communication with co-workers, clients, and insurance carriers.
- Adhere to established timelines. You will identify all tasks, task durations, and team resources responsible for completing the tasks.
- Market new and renewal businesses. Assist sales and service teams with gathering needed information, submission to carriers, and preparation of proposals to clients.
- Create/Prepare presentations. Assist sales/service teams by gathering materials for client presentations.
- Assist in the implementation of new coverages.
- Communicate with insurance companies, vendors, and internal teams. With guidance and assistance from sales/service teams, you will communicate daily to ensure proper administration of accounts.
- Take on any additional duties as assigned.
- Curious and have a competitive spirit.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial-minded.
- Communicative with strong interpersonal & writing skills.
- Able to travel to Waukee, IA, and Dallas, TX over the course of the program.
- Able to obtain a state-specific insurance license in Property Casualty or Life and Health insurance within 3 months of hire.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
BRAINERY CURRICULUM COMPONENTS
- Holmes Murphy Orientation.
- Fundamental insurance industry knowledge.
- Underwriting practices and financial concepts.
- Product overview and technological capabilities.
- Preparation for license exams.
- Presentation skills.
- Build relationships with the local community
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Health Promotion, Risk Management and Insurance, or a related field.
- 0-2 years of work experience in customer service or an administrative role.
- Available to start on or before June 3, 2024.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
We also know imposter syndrome is real and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting awesome candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply for the Brainery —we’d love to hear from you!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.