Client Manager, Property Casualty
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Client Manager to join our Property Casualty team in Dallas, TX. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to evaluate the needs and risks of existing clients, assist in creating an insurance program specific to client needs and strengthen the client relationship, while providing them with technical expertise in a professional and timely manner. This role includes understanding the client’s business operation and marketing those needs to the appropriate carriers to cover the risks of their business. Furthermore, the Client Manager assists the sales team in the actual sales and marketing of new and renewal property/casualty insurance programs in accordance with established Agency and sales team goals and objectives. Leverages advanced skill set and insurance knowledge to design and place insurance. Uses understanding of client needs to expand business opportunities and further solidify client relationships.
Independently perform the daily tasks required to efficiently manage client service which includes renewal marketing and placement of insurance for assigned clients as well as responding to daily client service needs which may include but not limited to:
Client Service Duties:
- Servicing the largest and most complex accounts; Client Service Specialist and Client Service Consultant support dependent upon account size.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and operates as an effective partner with clients to include, but not limited to the following:
- Tracks expiration dates of current clients to ensure renewals are completed.
- Reviews insurance in place and assesses future needs of client.
- Evaluates and recommends insurance options for clients.
- Consistently available for client inquiries, as well as, responds to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains an awareness of all client service issues.
- Researches and investigates client insurance concerns.
- Instigates meetings or telephone contact with clients to proactively address issues and explores opportunities to enhance services currently provided.
- Delivers insurance policies as requested by the account executive.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Investigates or identifies appropriate resources to resolve complex insurance issues ensuring client and sales team satisfaction.
- Maintains an awareness of complex or significant claims situations and assists in claims process management as requested, to ensure client claim issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Maintains visibility with clients, fostering lasting relationships developed through professional and technical expertise, as well as, understanding client’s business needs.
- Take ownership and lead accounts.
- Attend Insurance Carrier Meetings.
- Meet with team for pre-renewal meetings on qualifying accounts and development of client opportunities.
- Market renewal policies and negotiate with insurance company underwriters.
- Prepares client renewal reviews and applications, orders renewals, and ensures accurate invoicing as well as the completion of required documents.
- Attend Client renewal meetings, as required.
- Accountable for account accuracy by ensuring that on-line customer information, as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current to include; exposure schedules, policy formats, policy endorsements, premiums, and invoicing.
- Review quotes on accounts for accuracy and prepare proposal documents for client.
- Assists in the quality management and file audit process.
- Promotes the agency and the insurance industry in the community.
- Manages various complex insurance plans such as claims made policies, loss sensitive risk funding plans, and loss development and loss forecasting.
- Interprets policy contractual provisions, understands policy forms and general intent, develops manuscript endorsements to ensure appropriate action taken on coverage issues.
Marketing/Sales Process Duties:
- Participates in the new and renewal sales process to include; determines optimum markets for new and renewal accounts, prepares/deliver submissions, negotiates premiums with carriers and visits with clients, as necessary.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for the sale of additional lines of insurance, as well as additional agency services such as loss control accomplished by understanding client business needs and in fostering strong client relationships.
- Obtains submission data from prospects or clients to include losses, payroll, sales projections, company history, product brochures, and desired services.
- Utilizes relationships with underwriters and company representatives to develop effective marketing strategies, negotiate premiums, design individualized coverage programs, and resolve complex service issues for clients.
- Participates in providing ongoing training with team members on established processes and procedures. Continues to be a mentor to others.
- Effectively coordinates client service responsibilities with Consultants and Client Service Specialists.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; demonstrates leadership role within the team and throughout agency, participates in team meetings, provides back up when necessary, communicates information, and effectively resolves problems/issues as situations arise.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with internal teams to ensure customer needs are met.
- Knowledge transfer and sharing through various platforms (i.e.: team meetings, emails, Salesforce Chatter, etc.).
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to be proactive, be a thought leader, mentor and leader to others.
- Knowledge and use of various carrier websites for quoting purposes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Advanced negotiation, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain outstanding professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with agency management system, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to review, analyze and check experience mods.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, relating to all duties and responsibilities such as, team member and client information.
- Ability to follow all established agency procedures.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred. Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum 5+ years customer service, underwriting or risk management experience in the insurance industry.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.