Client Manager, PC
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do and who they do it with.
Offering a fast-paced work environment, vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential in our thriving company, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking for candidates to join our team as a Client Manager on the Property Casualty Team of our Kansas City, MO office.
Client Managers are responsible for handling a large, complex book of business for assigned clients, which includes evaluating the needs and risks of clients and assisting them in creating an insurance program. You get to learn and understand your clients’ business operations and market those needs to the appropriate insurance carriers to cover the risks of their business. Client Service teams include Client Service Specialists, Client Service Consultants and Client Managers.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Partner with client experience team and takes ownership and leadership to provide proactive services and solutions on large and complex accounts including:
- Coordinates pre-renewal meeting with client experience team based upon client expiration dates.
- Reviews insurance in place and assess future need of client.
- Evaluates and recommends insurance options for clients.
- Consistently available for client inquiries, as well as responds to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains an awareness of client red flags and taking appropriate action, as necessary.
- Researches and investigates client insurance issues.
- Understands “How We” do business.
- Ensures completion of renewals according to our time standards.
- Investigates or identifies appropriate resources to resolve complex insurance issues ensuring client and sales team satisfaction.
- Maintains an awareness of complex or significant claims situations and assists in claims process management as requested, to ensure client claim issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Maintains visibility with clients, fostering lasting relationships developed through professional and technical expertise, as well as, understanding client’s business needs.
- Uses established processes and procedures to ensure quality guidelines are met.
- Manages and understands various insurance programs, including contract review, captives, or claims made policies.
- Prepares client renewal reviews and applications, orders renewals, and ensures accurate invoicing, as well as, the completion of required documents.
- Determine markets for new/renewal accounts and prepares/deliver submissions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel and team members.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with Sagitta, Excel, Word and email.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Experience with technical and procedural training within teams
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to perform simple to complex mathematics computations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- May include some overnight travel (would have advanced notice)
- Willingness to work with other Enterprise Holmes Murphy offices and teams as needed
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to acquire and maintain within three months of hire an active state specific Property/Casualty insurance agent’s license.
- High School Diploma required; college degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ Commercial Property Casualty Insurance experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a state specific insurance license within 3 months of hire.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background check required.