Client Manager, CSDZ
Do you have a passion for managing client relationships and providing excellent customer service? If so, you won’t want to miss this new career opportunity with Cobb Strecker Dunphy & Zimmermann (CSDZ)!
CSDZ, a Holmes Murphy company, is committed to one goal: offering unparalleled expertise in crafting client-specific risk solutions. For nearly 100 years, we have provided an unrivaled level of service with the foundation of our business based upon our core values of Integrity, Insight, Innovation and Impact. Plus, did we mention we have a flexible environment, competitive benefits and salary package, and an environment where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? If this sounds awesome and you think you’re a perfect fit to join our team as a Client Manager in our Minneapolis, MN office, keep reading!
Client Managers on the Construction Team are responsible for handling a large, complex book of business for assigned Construction clients, which includes evaluating the needs and risks of clients and assisting them in creating an insurance program. You get to learn and understand your clients’ business operations and market those needs to the appropriate insurance carriers to cover the risks of their business. Client Service teams include Client Service Specialists, Client Service Consultants and Client Managers.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Partner with client experience team and takes ownership and leadership to provide proactive services and solutions on large and complex construction accounts including:
- Coordinates pre-renewal meeting with client experience team based upon client expiration dates.
- Reviews insurance in place and assess future need of client.
- Evaluates and recommends insurance options for clients, negotiating with carriers as needed.
- Consistently available for client inquiries, as well as responds to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains an awareness of client red flags and taking appropriate action, as necessary.
- Researches and investigates client insurance issues.
- Ensures completion of renewals according to our time standards.
- Investigates or identifies appropriate resources to resolve complex insurance issues ensuring client and sales team satisfaction.
- Accounts include: fully insured and may include multi-state and loss sensitive programs.
- Maintains visibility with clients, fostering lasting relationships developed through professional and technical expertise, as well as, understanding client’s business needs.
- Uses established processes and procedures to ensure quality guidelines are met.
- Manages and understands various insurance programs, including contract review, captives, or claims made policies.
- Prepares client renewal reviews and applications, orders renewals, and ensures accurate invoicing, as well as, the completion of required documents.
- Determine markets for new/renewal accounts and prepares/deliver submissions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Strong technical and insurance risk management knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel and team members.
- Strong client service skills.
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret policy contractual provisions, understand policy forms and endorsements to ensure appropriate coverage is placed for clients.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with Sagitta, ImageRight, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Experience with technical and procedural training within teams.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to perform simple to complex mathematics computations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- May include some overnight travel (would have advanced notice)
- Willingness to work with other Enterprise CSDZ/Holmes Murphy offices and teams as needed
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- High School Diploma required; college degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ Commercial Property Casualty Insurance experience.
- 5+ years handling loss-sensitive and multi-state insurance programs preferred.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Active state specific insurance license required, Industry designations – CISR/CIC/CPCU preferred.