Client Executive, Employee Benefits (Sales)
Holmes Murphy is one of the largest privately owned insurance brokerages in the nation. With over 1,200 employees, our firm serves a variety of business and industry leaders across the nation in the areas of property casualty, employee benefits, captive insurance and risk management. Take a stroll through our website https://www.holmesmurphy.com/. We’re confident you’ll like what you see, and we’d love to have you apply to be on our team!
Holmes Murphy has Employee Benefits sales career opportunities for outgoing, persuasive, enthusiastic sales-oriented people to join our Minneapolis, MN office. Have you ever worked for a company who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee? Well, that’s us!
Here is just a bit of what you would do:
- Develop and implement sales strategies, which result in achieving (or exceeding) new sales goals.
- Have the opportunity to grow your book of business by new client growth and transitioned business
- Actively generate new sales leads through community activities, association meetings and qualified sales calls.
- Partners with appropriate internal team members and/or experts on exposure, risk, and appropriate coverages for initial and ongoing prospect sales meetings and proposals.
- Collaborates with client experience team.
- Maintain relationship with clients and their business needs, addressing changes as needed and delivering their annual review documents.
- Attends all sales related activities, promoting game-changing, positive attitude in support of all agency changes and/or growth.
- Promotes the agency and the insurance industry in the community.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- Possess sales skills and utilize a sales process that will meet goals.
- Knowledge and ability for ongoing learning of a variety of industry exposures and risk.
- Capable of exercising discretion, in confidential matters, and using independent judgement.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Ability and comfortable with public speaking engagements.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology, such as Salesforce, associated with job functions.
- Ability to learn our proprietary sales and service platform, Understanding ART.
- Ability to provide own transportation and ability to travel up to 50%.
- High School Diploma; college degree preferred.
- Experience working in Employee Benefits or Insurance industry, either at carrier or agency.
- Active state specific Insurance agent license or ability to acquire a license within three months.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Compensation is based on several factors, including, but not limited to, education, work experience, industry certifications, and is commensurate based on the book of business. In addition to your salary, Holmes Murphy offers a comprehensive total rewards program including annual bonuses, total wellbeing benefits and support for professional development.
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.