Claims Consultant, PC
Have you wondered where can you take your career from your experience in property casualty claims or risk management with no longer directly adjudicating claims? Have you thought how rewarding it would be to use your knowledge and experience to help clients improve their claim process and outcomes? Do you enjoy helping clients and solving problems? At Holmes Murphy, we pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are seeking Claims professionals to join our Property Casualty team in Minneapolis, MN as a Claims Consultant. Ideal candidates will have Commercial Property & Casualty claims or risk management experience either with a TPA, insurance agency, or insurance carrier and must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills to operate as an effective partner with clients.
Take a stroll through our website. We’re confident you’ll like what you see, and we’d love to have you apply to be on our team!
Here is just a bit of what you would do as a Claims Consultant:
- Demonstrate exceptional client service, independently, as well as part of a team.
- Build strong relationships with and understand our client’s business, associated risks and exposures.
- Communicate with clients, insurance carriers and internal customers on a regular basis to serve as a client advocate.
- Proactively identify strategic claim resolution strategies. Partner closely with adjusters, legal counsel, etc. to implement action plans and pursue resolution.
- Establish rapport between the client and their carrier/TPA.
- Partner closely with Producers, Insurance and Safety teams to identify and provide solutions for our client’s claim management needs.
- Manage key relationships with insurers, TPAs, adjuster and safety professionals
- Responsible for prompt delivery and coordination of claim management services.
- Assist the client in properly determining coverage.
- Coordinate and participate in regular claim reviews with the client and the carrier/TPA as requested and allowed.
- Analyze claim data to determine loss trends and assist in loss prevention.
- Ensure proper communication of loss information to the client and carrier/TPA.
- Assist in the marketing and placement of business based upon clients’ claim needs.
- Provide and/or oversee accurate and timely loss information for internal and external clients use.
- Educate the client of the claim process for various losses.
- Utilize automated tools to track and proactively manage the direction of each claim and ensure reserve accuracy.
- Ensure immediate notice of new lawsuits to the carrier and TPA.
- Assist in on-boarding new clients or changes in clients’ insurance partners.
- Ability and willingness to participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current industry trends.
- Perform special projects as identified.
You’ll need to be equipped with the following skills for the Claims Consultant role:
- Strong problem solving and influencing capabilities
- Strong competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook is required, as well as agency management systems.
- Strong technical and insurance risk management knowledge.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, perform quality work independently within a deadline driven environment.
- Maintain professional demeanor when interacting with other employees, clients, and vendors.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
- Ability and willingness to continue industry related education.
- Ability to provide own transportation and travel, sometimes overnight, out of state and/or multiple days.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree.
- Certifications: Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required. Must obtain within 90 days of hire. AIC/CPCU/CRIS or other industry-related insurance certification preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years’ insurance industry experience required; Multi-line or workers’ compensation experience a plus.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Generous time-off benefits
- Hybrid/Flexible Work Arrangements
- Continuing Education
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-offer background check required.