Claims Consultant, PC
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Claims Consultant to join our Property & Casualty team in our Denver, CO office. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will provide high-quality property casualty claim process management, advocacy and analysis to company clients and internal staff in alignment with the division and company vision, mission and strategy.
- Demonstrate exceptional client service, independently as well as part of a team.
- Responsible for prompt delivery and coordination of claim management services.
- Coordinate and participate in regular claim reviews with the client and the carrier/TPA as requested and allowed.
- Analyze claim data to determine loss trends and assist in loss prevention.
- Establish rapport between the client and their carrier/TPA.
- Ensure proper communication of loss information to the client and carrier/TPA.
- Assist in the marketing and placement of business based upon clients’ claim needs.
- Provide and/or oversee accurate and timely loss information for internal and external clients use.
- Build strong relationships with and understand our client’s business, associated risks and exposures.
- Proactively identify strategic claim resolution strategies. Partner closely with adjusters, legal counsel, etc. to implement action plans and pursue resolution.
- Assist the client in properly determining coverage.
- Educate the client on the claim process for various losses.
- Communicate with clients, insurance carriers, and internal customers on a regular basis to serve as a client advocate.
- Utilize automated tools to track and proactively manage the direction of each claim and ensure reserve accuracy.
- Partner closely with Producers, Insurance and Safety teams to identify and provide solutions for our client’s claim management needs
- Manage key relationships with insurers, TPAs, adjusters and safety professionals
- Ensure immediate notice of new lawsuits to the carrier and TPA.
- Assist in onboarding new clients or changes in clients’ insurance partners.
- Ability and willingness to participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current industry trends.
- Perform special projects as identified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong problem-solving and influencing capabilities
- Strong competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Outlook is required, as well as agency management systems.
- Strong technical and insurance risk management knowledge.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, and perform quality work independently within a deadline-driven environment.
- Maintain a professional demeanor when interacting with other employees, clients, and vendors.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
- Ability and willingness to continue industry-related education.
- Ability to provide own transportation and travel, sometimes overnight, out of state, and/or multiple days.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred.
- Certifications: Active state-specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire a license within three months of hire. AIC/CPCU/CRIS or other industry-related insurance certification is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years insurance industry experience required; Construction, Multi-line, or workers’ compensation experience a plus.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental, and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company-paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial well-being, but also your career well-being.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for Colorado residents is $63,500.00 – $123,000.00. Compensation is based on several factors, including, but not limited to, education, work experience and industry certifications. In addition to your salary, Holmes Murphy offers a comprehensive total rewards program including annual bonuses, total wellbeing benefits and support for professional development.