Claims Consultant, PC – Omaha, NE
Do you enjoy helping individuals and businesses in their time of greatest need? Have you thought about how rewarding it would be to use your claims handling experience to help clients set up programs that lead to improved claim outcomes? Do you like being part of a team of risk management partners that brings out the best in our clients and their businesses? At Holmes Murphy, we pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a dynamic work environment, vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are seeking professionals to join our Property Casualty team in Sioux Falls, SD or Omaha, NE as a Claims Consultant. Ideal candidates will have Commercial Property & Casualty claims or risk management experience either with a Third Party Administrator, insurance agency, or insurance carrier and must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills to operate as an effective partner with clients.
Take a look at our website. We’re confident you’ll like what you see, and we’d love to have you apply to be on our team!
Here is just a bit of what you would do as a Claims Consultant:
- Serve as the dedicated Claim Consultant on a book of our existing clients, maintaining and enhancing relationships through value-added claims advocacy services.
- Assist the client in claim-related needs: determining coverage, understanding policy language, educating around the claims process, participating in claim reviews, onboarding new carriers/TPAs, managing reserve adequacy, etc.
- Help us grow our business by sharing ideas with prospective clients regarding how they can improve their claims and risk management programs.
- Assist our clients in the development of claim reduction programs such as early return-to-work, medical management, nurse triage, early reporting, and related post-loss initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal producers, insurance services, and risk/safety teams to continually understand our clients’ goals and work as a team toward achievement.
- Communicate with clients, insurance carriers, TPAs, adjusters, legal counsel, safety professionals, and other stakeholders to ensure prompt and effective claim resolution and to reduce the likelihood of claim recurrence.
- Analyze claim data to determine loss trends and assist in loss prevention, working closely with in-house risk/safety consultants.
- Support the marketing and placement of business based upon clients’ claim management needs.
- Participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current and emerging industry trends.
- Perform special projects as identified.
You’ll need to be equipped with the following skills for the Claims Consultant role:
- Strong problem solving and influencing capabilities.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
- Strong technical and insurance risk management knowledge.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, perform quality work independently
- Maintain professional demeanor when interacting with other employees, clients, and vendors.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
- Ability and willingness to continue industry-related education.
- Ability to provide own transportation and travel, sometimes overnight, out of state and/or multiple days.
- Education: High school diploma required, college degree preferred, or applicable work experience.
- Certifications: Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent’s license required. Must obtain within 90 days of hire.
- AIC/CPCU/CRIS or other industry-related insurance certification preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years’ insurance industry experience required; Multi-line or workers’ compensation experience a plus.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Generous time-off benefits
- Hybrid/Flexible Work Arrangements
- Continuing Education
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-offer background check required.