Claims & Client Service Consultant
Do you enjoy adjusting and managing claims and providing excellent client service? Do you like variety in your work? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! Plus, did we mention we also have a flexible environment and a competitive benefits and salary package? If this sounds like an awesome opportunity and you think you’re a perfect fit to join our team as a Claims & Client Service Consultant within our within our DLL Finance division in Johnston, IA, read on!
- Adjust/manage claims received from customers, dealers and client to include: verify coverage, create loss notices, assign independent adjusters, review bills and reports, determine settlements and process claim payments.
- Manage information in system, including policy information updates, claim notes/documents and production of loss runs.
- Oversee those claims handled by our carrier to include: reviewing adjuster notes online, assisting with determining equipment values and approval of carrier’s settlements offers.
- Assist with mediation between client and carrier on complex and/or sensitive claim issues.
- Develop and retain high-level relationship with carrier’s adjusting and claim management teams.
- Prepare quotes for customers, dealers and client personnel, including crating Insurance Amendment and coverage limit forms and/or Customer Invoices and follow-up processing.
- Handle cancellation requests, discuss coverage benefits, obtain signed documentation and create documentation for client to cancel off contract.
- Assimilate and create loss run information, including pivot tables, from all carriers for quarterly meeting notebooks.
- Backup assistance for Dealer Floor Plan coverage program, to include: quoting premiums, explain coverage and invoicing process, election and cancellation forms.
- Per customers’ request, create AIE quotes in carrier’s online system, explain coverage, as necessary, and request policy if coverage is elected.
- Manage all policy record retention for AIE.
- Prepare AIE documents for scanning.
- Monthly reporting to client.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work completely independently from the Holmes Murphy & Associates office.
- Ability to be representative of HMA, yet building relationships in a co-worker environment with AFC, DLL, Mahindra and DLL RE personnel.
- Ability to work in customer’s open office environment, retaining privacy and confidentiality for both client and HMA matters.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Basic knowledge of property/casualty coverage and claim processing procedures and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Must have relationship building abilities – managing multiple client relationships, making decisions for policy holders.
- Maintain an active Iowa property/casualty and life/health insurance agent’s license.
- Excellent communication skills interacting with several related, but independent business units of DeLageLanden.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Working knowledge of computers and ability to input and access computer data utilizing various computer software packages.
- High school education or GED equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- 3+ year’s experience working in the insurance/finance industry.
- Experience in a claims department is a plus.
- Active Iowa Property Casualty Insurance agent license or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Willingness to pursue designations/education as approved by HMA Group Holdings.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Claims & Client Service Consultant for Holmes Murphy, apply today!