Claims and Loss Control Assistant, Fraternal
Are you detail-oriented and love being the ‘go-to person’ on the team? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as a Claims and Loss Control Assistant in the Fraternal departement of our Omaha, NE office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
Support the division and company overall vision, mission and strategy by managing client property casualty loss information as well as supporting the claims and risk control functions of Holmes Murphy & Associates.
- Data management and enhancement projects
- Loss run management capturing of data
- Claim reporting and oversight based upon claim complexity and triage matrix
- Claim Narrative updates and writing based on team capacity
- Provide assistance with contracts based upon complexity and triage matrix
- Support the Claims Service Consultant with respect to various claims related activities
- Provide support with respect to various underwriting activities
- Provide support to Inspection Coordinator
- Manage and update our Social Media accounts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with concise and succinct purpose
- Ability to work with details, follow direction, and maintain a high level of accuracy, all in an organized fashion.
- Ability to work under time constraints and independently with focus on providing accurate and desired outcomes.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and strong Excel, Outlook, and Windows application knowledge.
- Ability to proofread and accurately edit documents, as necessary.
- Above average mathematical skills and functions.
- Basic familiarity with Property Casualty insurance principles and terminology.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods.
- Ability to work with various personalities and in urgent scenarios.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience in Commercial Property & Casualty claims at an agency preferred
- Background in risk management, property management, and/or consultative work is a plus.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Claims and Loss Control Assistant for Holmes Murphy, apply today!