Claims Advocate, ICS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Claims Advocate to join our Innovative Captive Strategies team in Waukee, IA or Cedar Rapids, IA. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support claims oversight of third-party administrator and reinsurance carrier. This role will also be the captive advocate and intermediary/liaison between third party administrator, captive member, and agency partner.
General Claims Management Duties:
- Member and agency partner liaison.
- Conduct quarterly claim file audits.
- Participate in new member on-boarding calls with the TPA.
- Ensure special handling instructions are developed for new members.
- Conduct follow-up phone call with new members within 60 days of on-boarding call.
- Participate in event learning conference calls.
- Conduct regular follow-up with members who are experiencing claim challenges.
- Log running record of service issues and follow through to completion.
- Whenever a captive member prefers, take the lead and act as an advocate in situations where the member, TPA, and carrier cannot agree.
- Conduct RFPs as needed/requested.
- Attend Risk Control Workshops and board meetings to build member and agency partner relationships. Attend a minimum of one meeting annually for each group.
- Prepare required claims reports for board books.
- Prepare and deliver presentations at captive meetings as requested.
Claim Customer Satisfaction Surveys:
- Conduct TPA customer satisfaction surveys at the frequency identified by each captive group.
- Prepare a report for the board meeting that outlines the results and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Work with TPA on opportunities for improvement as identified on audits and surveys.
- Participate in internal open claim reviews prior to board meetings.
- Participate in member claim reviews.
- Prepare a report for the board book detailing the results and participation.
- Record action items and follow-up within 30 days.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of property casualty insurance and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Working experience in standard claims processing of Work Comp, General Liability, and Auto claims.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain team and company goals.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as; computer, calculators, copier, telephone, and fax machines, etc.
- Working knowledge of various software packages such as, WORD, EXCEL, and POWERPOINT. Ability to effectively use the internet/intranet.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Education: Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. Some college or college degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience with managing Work Comp or liability claims, with an emphasis in providing exceptional customer service.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Responsible Time Off
- Continuing Education
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.