Carrier Relations Consultant, PC
Are you interested in working side-by-side with some pretty awesome employees? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive total rewards package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
Our Placement team is seeking talent to fill a Carrier Relations Consultant position in our Waukee, IA office. As Carrier Relations Consultant, you could expect to work closely with the Placement and Sales Teams in the management of the agency’s insurance carrier relationships, including local and enterprise carrier contracts and marketing strategy, development of underwriter connections, coordination of carrier office visits, and assistance with the placement of new or renewal business through market identification in collaboration with staff. If this intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Carrier Relations Consultant, PC read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Develop relationships with carrier partners including underwriters, sales and management.
- Educate enterprise staff on the status of the insurance market, and the carrier personnel and appetite changes.
- Monitor the performance of book of business with various insurance carriers.
- Assist in developing growth goals with carrier partners.
- Identify and develop new markets for customer exposures and opportunities as needs arise.
- Manage and coordinate the carrier visits to HMA office locations.
- Collaborate and problem solve with sales team, service team, clients and underwriters.
- Develop/maintain effective communication and relationships with company underwriters and clients.
- Develop and maintain active contacts within the industry to keep informed on industry trends/issues.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Seven-plus years’ experience preferred in commercial agency and/or company underwriting performing insurance placement, underwriting or service responsibilities. CIC or CPCU designation helpful.
- Excellent knowledge of property and casualty insurance coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Knowledge of insurance placement and negotiation strategies and the ability to apply that knowledge in developing and maintaining strong company relationships to ensure successful placement of client risk.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply those skills with persons at all levels of authority in written form as well as verbally.
- Able to maintain state-specific insurance license by completing continuing education requirements.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Carrier Relations Consultant, PC for Holmes Murphy, apply today!