Business Intelligence Analyst, IT
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Enterprise IT team in Waukee, IA or remotely. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support data and reporting needs for all divisions of Holmes Murphy. This position will have a good understanding of the business and functional units for which reports, and analytics are designed. Responsible for project completion and end-user satisfaction.
- Design, develop, rebuild, and modify custom reports.
- Accountable for daily data processing and delivery of reports.
- Manage data and presentation by utilizing Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Synapse, Snowflake, Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, and other analytics tools.
- Monitor, evaluate, and update all division reporting processes where needed.
- Work directly with stakeholders to optimize existing solutions and develop new processes to meet requirements.
- Experiment with new technologies and practices to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Provide general technical advice and weigh in on technical decisions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with data quality.
- Experience with ETL concepts.
- Experience with cloud data storage, Snowflake and/or Azure preferred.
- Experience with dashboard and reporting tools, Power BI or Qlik preferred.
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry preferred.
- Communication skills required. Must be able to effectively communicate strategies and designs to all levels of the company.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, highly collaborative environment.
- Eagerness to learn independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain professionalism.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of work-related experience.
- Experience with Alteryx, QlikView, Qlik Sense, NPrinting, Power BI, Tableau and Help Systems (BPA) Automate preferred.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.