Business Development Associate II, ACAP HealthWorks
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! If you’re looking to get in the business of preserving birthdays, and have a background in sales, consider applying to our Business Development Associate II opening in ACAPHealthworks, located in our Dallas, TX office.
- Reach out, create, and facilitate meetings with employers and brokers.
- Responsible for growing business at assigned brokerage firms and establishing new broker relationships.
- Execute proven processes to generate & qualify leads into new sales opportunities.
- Responsible for making cold calls to potential customers to generate sales and meet cross-organizational sales goals.
- Generate new business sales, adhering to established number of monthly prospect meetings, proposals, and new business sales.
- Provide timely follow up to maintain current and new business relationships.
- Analyze and determine additional opportunities to expand current client programs.
- Present a professional and accurate representation of ACAP Health solutions.
- Create documents and communication pieces to support business using PowerPoint presentations, RFP’s, etc.
- Leverage Salesforce and Outreach.IO tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors. Includes responsibility for timely sales pipeline management and revenue tracking in Salesforce.
- Develop and maintain a success strategy for each client, which includes working with internal staff to determine specific service responsibilities.
- Attend partner and sales meetings as necessary. Coordinate with partners to close opportunities.
- When needed, support the existing business team with client and or renewal meetings.
- Promotes the agency and the insurance industry in the community.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license as well as maintain non-resident Group Health/Life & Health Insurance licensure.
- General knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to engage and persuade a decision maker of benefits of ACAP Health solutions.
- Ability in exercising discretion in confidential matters and the use of independent judgment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to apply those skills with persons at all levels of authority in written form as well as verbally.
- Ability to be detail oriented, follow directions, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and utilize advanced technology associated with job functions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer utilizing various software packages to include but not limited to Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Complete multi-phased projects independently without supervision.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to provide own transportation and ability to travel, as required.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Pursue industry related designations such as RHU, REBC, GBA, CEBS and/or CSFS.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Active state specific Life & Health Insurance Agent license, or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in employee benefits, human resources, wellness, insurance or related field preferred
- B2B sales experience preferred
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work towards a Better Tomorrow than Yesterday, apply today to be a Business Development Associate II, and our newest Difference Maker.