Do you excel at providing expertise on employee benefit programs and Leave of Absence administration? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Benefits Specialist in our Davenport, Iowa, office, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Assists new employees with benefits orientation and enrollment.
- Presents and enrolls employee in voluntary/worksite marketing products.
- Services employees by telephone and in person on issues such as, but not limited to:
- Review insurance in place and assess future need of client.
- Evaluate and recommend insurance options for clients
- Answer questions on benefits, eligibility, claims, etc.
- Responds to and resolves escalated/complex issues and inquiries regarding client’s health and welfare benefits, benefits premiums/payroll deductions, HRIS system, etc. through phone and email.
- As needed and dependent upon client location, functions as 2nd level support for Benefits Helpline Team and fully documents all cases.
- Assists with various types of outbound/return calls including but not limited to, incomplete paperwork/forms, leaves of absence (incomplete paperwork/forms submitted, general process/procedure, benefit premium payment arrangements), etc.
- As needed, assists with data entry, processing and testing of client’s HRIS system.
- Performs other duties/functions as assigned.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Good knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various carriers, company personnel, and team members.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience with HR systems in area of benefit administration.
- Excellent telephone manner with clear, concise and professional communication skills.
- Demonstrates empathy for personal circumstances of associates, while still remaining objective.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, self-directed, team-based environment.
- Consistently demonstrates commitment to and delivers timely, effective support to both internal and external customers.
- Effectively interacts with customers (internal and external), co-workers, management, vendors and other partners.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Keep current with industry trends, HR/Benefits best practices, and pending legislation.
- Ability to handle competing priorities.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization, is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with benefit plan and LOA administration a plus.
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree is preferred.
- Active Life & Health insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire, is required.
- Professional designations such as CEBS or CLU are helpful. Human Resource certifications are also preferred, such as PHR or SPHR.
- The ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages, such as Word and Excel, is required.
- The ability to work regular core hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. is required.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Benefits Specialist, apply today!