Benefits Specialist, Avant
Do you excel at providing effective and efficient customer service to both internal and external clients? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Benefits Specialist within our Avant division in our Kansas City, MO office, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Communicate employee benefit plans and process employee enrollments for various clients as outlined in their agreements with Avant
- Provide telephonic support for clients to include open enrollment support, assist newly hired employees with enrollment, assist with qualifying life events, and answering questions about ID cards, insurance forms, eligibility, timelines, pricing, etc.
- Service Advocate for employees and clients
- Work with appropriate vendors and/or internal resources to assure accuracy and timeliness.
- Understanding of client employee communications including enrollment guides, employee memos, OE announcement letters, etc.
- Develop, document, and have detailed product knowledge and underwriting guidelines for all benefits offered for each case.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to ensure flow and accuracy of Call Center activity and/or cases, including setting enrollment appointments and gathering materials needed in preparation for Open Enrollment.
- Understand benefit plan renewal information and plan design changes in preparation for open enrollment.
- Learn and understand how to navigate various benefit administration systems for clients.
- Assist clients with enrollment projects as requested.
- Assist clients and internal Avant teammates with special projects as requested.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to use a personal computer utilizing various software packages including, but not limited to, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Possess excellent communication skills displaying professional telephone etiquette.
- Ability to set work priorities.
- Ability to manage email activity and calendar appointments daily.
- Possess a strong work ethic and dependability.
- Knowledge of employee benefits, specifically health care terminology
- Knowledge of or ability to learn ancillary and worksite benefits, including life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, etc.
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Is multi-tasked oriented and prioritizes work, voluntarily extends hours, and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to provide own transportation.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization, is required.
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree within a business or human resources context is preferred.
- Active state-specific Life/Health Insurance Agent license required, or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Proficient in Software and/or technical programs.
- The ability to work regular core hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. is required.
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.