Benefit Systems Coordinator, Avant
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Benefit Systems Coordinator to join our Avant team in Dallas, TX. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support basic systems operations of the Benefits department and provide support to our Employee Benefits leaders and Avant Operations Team.
- Maintain and manage Employee Benefits client database
- Maintains, organizes and determines appropriate set-up/design of information within the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), Benefits Administration System (BenAdmin), and Payroll systems to support the organization’s data management and reporting needs.
- Performs uploads of data into the systems as needed.
- Support leaders and staff on reporting and data analysis needs.
- Provide timely, accurate, courteous, and appropriate responses to requests.
- Oversee core HRIS functionality including but not limited to:
- Data integrity
- Employee/Leader self-service
- Maintains employee information that is accurate, complete and fulfills legal requirements.
- Develops and reviews workflows in HRIS to improve efficiencies of users and keep company well-informed of enhanced capabilities.
- Participates in compliance and governance related items as it relates to benefits, payroll and required reporting (throughout the year and at year-end).
- providing carrier/vendor billing related support to ensure invoices are managed appropriately.
- Identify specific system reports and projects to support the needs of the benefits team.
- Portal setup and training for client, client employees and carriers.
- Perform special projects as identified by Avant and Client.
- Supports year-end Compliance checklist.
- Supports the benefits team in other general day-to-days projects, as needed.
- Establish atmosphere of cooperation and effective communications internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge in Benefits standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and government laws
- Manage and maintain confidential information at all times.
- Ability to multitask and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with detail and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to use a personal computer utilizing various software packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Sagitta, Salesforce, etc.
- Knowledge of Payroll and Benefit Administration systems a plus
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor as well as enthusiasm in representing agency goals and objectives.
- Multi-tasked oriented and ability to prioritize work and solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization.
- Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work related duties, as necessary.
- Must have a required insurance license upon hire or must obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Education: High School diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in business analyst environment or administering benefits systems as a core function of the role.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.