Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Benefit Analyst (Client Dedicated) to join our Employee Benefits team in Dallas, TX. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role interacts directly and independently with a specific client, various vendors, and Holmes Murphy team members to manage day-to-day benefit analysis tasks for assigned client, according to Holmes Murphy best practices, to ensure that both client expectations and Holmes Murphy operational goals are met on time and within budget. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: claims research, eligibility, enrollment, plan benefits, claim management. The Benefit Analyst (Client Dedicated) will sit onsite at Holmes Murphy, while performing responsibilities for dedicated client.
- Assist client employees with routine tasks, such as claims research, ID cards, packets, forms, eligibility.
- Answer questions, including but not limited to claims issues, availability of benefits, qualifying events, or how plans work.
- Direct client employees to the right benefits resources available.
- Understand and track applicable local and state leave regulations.
- Assist client employees with filing leave requests.
- Coordinate leaves across state and local leave regulations.
- Assist client employees with filing disability claims and transition back to work, in line with The American with Disabilities Act (ADAAA).
- Ensure disability and leave information is correct in payroll system.
- Manage premium payments and to employee benefit vendors and complete premium reconciliation.
- Assist Benefits Manager with other projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to use a personal computer utilizing various software packages including, but not limited to, Word, Outlook and SalesForce.
- Possess excellent communication skills displaying professional telephone etiquette.
- Ability to set work priorities.
- Possess a strong work ethic and dependability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of employee benefits and medical terminology.
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Is multi-tasked oriented and prioritizes work, voluntarily extends hours, and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to provide own transportation.
- Education: High School education with college preferred; Active Life & Health Insurance agent license or ability to acquire within three months of hire.
- Experience: Previous HR, Employee Benefits and/or customer service experience preferred. Knowledge and understanding of disability, work leaves and Americans with Disability Act and requirements preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.