AVP, Client Service, EB
Are you an expert consultant looking for your next big career move? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?!
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as an AVP, Client Service in the Employee Benefits department of our Minneapolis, MN, office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
- Manage all aspects of a prospect/client account including assisting with building, maintaining and growing overall relationship with new and existing clients at the executive level; communicate more complex client strategies to partners.
- Develop and manage the scope of services for each client, which includes overall healthcare strategy and a financial budget. Work with sales/service teams to determine specific scope of services and responsibilities.
- Ensure internal team, prospects and clients are kept abreast of new Holmes Murphy product offerings, capabilities and tools, as well as legal and compliance updates, as they become available or are released internally.
- Initiate opportunities to round accounts, to include presenting information to client with or without assistance from the sales team. Review insurance in place and assess future needs of client, develop/implement growth strategies for each client, which results in increased revenue of existing client base as well as Company revenue.
- Assist the sales team in the sales process, to include, but not limited to; collecting information from the client/prospect, marketing the account, evaluating client needs, recommending insurance options, reviewing and negotiating quotes.
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications, specific for each client’s employee population.
- Integrate Company expertise staff (actuarial, clinical, communications, reporting) into client accounts for the purpose of assuring long-lasting client relationships and exceeding client expectations.
- Maintain visibility with clients, fostering lasting relationships developed through professional and technical expertise, as well as, understanding client’s business needs.
- Promote a positive image of the Company and the insurance industry in the community.
- Actively develop and manage relationships with existing clients and prospective clients through industry conferences, business groups and community activities.
- Develop strong working relationships with insurance carrier/vendor contacts and identify opportunities to form strategic partnerships to enhance product and service delivery to clients and grow revenue; manage escalated vendor issues and negotiate, when necessary.
- Advocate for the client, researching and resolving highly complex and severely escalated issues, contract concerns, etc. with vendors, as situations arise.
- Proactively address administrative issues between carrier(s) and client, communication “best practices” to clients, to include developing processes to ensure timely accurate administration on accounts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matter and using independent judgment.
- Excellent understanding of effective sales and customer service methods and the ability to apply this knowledge relative from the broker perspective.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to negotiate with carriers on costs, program design, etc.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze health coverages and ancillary lines, forms and policies.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license.
- Ability to develop and foster effective relationships with clients, prospects, underwriters, as well as sales and service members.
- Ability to travel and meet with clients to provide presentations on proposals as well as to conduct employee meetings, as necessary.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability and willingness to continue industry related education.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends to include legislative compliance issues.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, as necessary.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment.
- College degree, preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in life/health, employee benefits, or provider organization.
- Active, state-specific Life/Health Insurance agent license.
- Technical designations such as CEBS, CLU, etc. preferred.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be an AVP, Client Service for Holmes Murphy, apply today!